cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still declined for Apple Card, but.. progress?

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Still declined for Apple Card, but.. progress?

I like to hit up the Apple Card application from time to time, since there's no harm in running their SP eligibility check.  Every time, the decline email gives me the same three reasons:

• You have recently been past due
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy
  • You have recently filed for bankrupty or experienced another negative public record on the credit file

So, one of these days luck will turn to my favor, but for now I haven't been expecting anything less than this, LOL.  Anyway, I ran the app again today for the heck of it, and got the usual decline email, but this time, only the "past due" reason was given!  So that's progress, I suppose Smiley Very Happy  All of my past dues occurred before I filed for my BK7, so that's kinda funny that they're still tripping flags but the BK no longer is.  Also interesting:  the last time I ran the Apple app was Dec 11, 2020 -- just a couple weeks before my 2-year anniversary of my filing date -- and that rejection had all three bullets.  This time, I'm six weeks past that anniversary... I wonder if it's the time since filing, and not time since DC, that GS is looking at?  Just a thought...

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Still declined for Apple Card, but.. progress?

Thank you for sharing your experience! Rooting for you to get your approval soon!  I got denied for the Apple Card 11 times before I finally got approved. I didn't have a BK, but like you I always got the denial reason, "Recently past due".  What finally worked for me was going on the Apple website and choosing 4 iMacs and an iPad Air, putting them in my cart and choosing the installment payment plan. Once I was approved for the Apple Card I just went on my iPhone and hit the plus symbol and was able to accept the approval offer and order the titanium card. Once I did that I went back and cancelled my Apple Store order.  Hopefully you can try something similiar and also get approved doing this. When I got approved doing this it was just 5 days after being denied through the wallet app.  Best wishes to you whenever you choose to apply again!

Message 2 of 10
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for bringing me up to speed on that strategy!  I had no idea that you all had figured out a workaround for the stubborn Wallet app... guess I need to spend more time on these boards! Smiley Very Happy  I did actually try the method you described (put a Mac Mini in my cart since that's what I wanted to buy anyway!), but unfortunately I had the same decline result.  So I guess it's just not my time, which is totally fine.  I'll get that fancy titanium card one of these days! 

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 10
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Thank you for sharing your experience! Rooting for you to get your approval soon!  I got denied for the Apple Card 11 times before I finally got approved. I didn't have a BK, but like you I always got the denial reason, "Recently past due".  What finally worked for me was going on the Apple website and choosing 4 iMacs and an iPad Air, putting them in my cart and choosing the installment payment plan. Once I was approved for the Apple Card I just went on my iPhone and hit the plus symbol and was able to accept the approval offer and order the titanium card. Once I did that I went back and cancelled my Apple Store order.  Hopefully you can try something similiar and also get approved doing this. When I got approved doing this it was just 5 days after being denied through the wallet app.  Best wishes to you whenever you choose to apply again!

This does work. I've been constantly denied for Apple Card. Just did this strategy with 5k of merchandise in my basket. Got a $2500 approval. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
carlos1son
New Contributor

Goldman Sachs is the issuer and they are tough to get in with. Keep trying and good luck in the future! They will approve you but you need to have around a 720 score I waited until around that and I got a 5,000 cl.

Message 5 of 10
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

The Apple Cart Trick (ACT) ?

Wow, never thought of trying that.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't give up. I just got approved a few days ago using the app. I have a repo on my reports from 2 years ago along with several charge offs. I'm currently in rebuilding mode and the Apple Card was actually one of my goal cards because it's titanium and looks so cool.

@sarux3 wrote:

I like to hit up the Apple Card application from time to time, since there's no harm in running their SP eligibility check.  Every time, the decline email gives me the same three reasons:

• You have recently been past due
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy
  • You have recently filed for bankrupty or experienced another negative public record on the credit file

So, one of these days luck will turn to my favor, but for now I haven't been expecting anything less than this, LOL.  Anyway, I ran the app again today for the heck of it, and got the usual decline email, but this time, only the "past due" reason was given!  So that's progress, I suppose Smiley Very Happy  All of my past dues occurred before I filed for my BK7, so that's kinda funny that they're still tripping flags but the BK no longer is.  Also interesting:  the last time I ran the Apple app was Dec 11, 2020 -- just a couple weeks before my 2-year anniversary of my filing date -- and that rejection had all three bullets.  This time, I'm six weeks past that anniversary... I wonder if it's the time since filing, and not time since DC, that GS is looking at?  Just a thought...

And let's be honest, pulling that card out feels a lot better than pulling out a sub prime or secured card. By they way I applied 15 times before getting approved and the SCT did not work for me. My denial reasons were never really consistent so I'm not sure if that really matters. I would just keep applying every few weeks since it's only a soft pull. Don't give up, you'll eventually get it!

Message 7 of 10
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@sarux3 wrote:

Thank you so much for bringing me up to speed on that strategy!  I had no idea that you all had figured out a workaround for the stubborn Wallet app... guess I need to spend more time on these boards! Smiley Very Happy  I did actually try the method you described (put a Mac Mini in my cart since that's what I wanted to buy anyway!), but unfortunately I had the same decline result.  So I guess it's just not my time, which is totally fine.  I'll get that fancy titanium card one of these days! 

You're welcome! Sorry that it didn't result in an approval for you this time! Hopefully sometime in the near future it will work for you too! 

Message 8 of 10
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@FesteringTTT wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

This does work. I've been constantly denied for Apple Card. Just did this strategy with 5k of merchandise in my basket. Got a $2500 approval. Thank you.

Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!  I'm glad it worked for you! Congratulations on your approval! Also you're welcome, I'm happy I could help!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

And let's be honest, pulling that card out feels a lot better than pulling out a sub prime or secured card. By they way I applied 15 times before getting approved and the SCT did not work for me. My denial reasons were never really consistent so I'm not sure if that really matters. I would just keep applying every few weeks since it's only a soft pull. Don't give up, you'll eventually get it!

This! My physical Apple Card was just delivered today and I love the premium feel. It is very superficial, but it is still satisfying.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.