Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SunTrust Credit Card

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

SunTrust Credit Card

I was looking on line and it said that when you apply their a using the credit report to verify your identity. Does that mean that it's a SP instead of a HP? I bank with SunTrust and my credit score is high 796 ish. Which credit bureau do they pull? I'm in FL.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Re: SunTrust Credit Card

It's a Hard pull with SunTrust.  It can very which bureau they pull from. 

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

HP and most likely will be EQ

Message 3 of 10
vic6string
Regular Contributor

SunTrust is HP, but BB&T (who they just merged with) is a soft pull. I just got the BB&T Spectrum cash and it was a soft pull. I figured I would do it now in case they change to HP after they merge and you start seeing the Truist cards (the new merged name)

Message 4 of 10
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

SunTrust is HP, but BB&T (who they just merged with) is a soft pull. I just got the BB&T Spectrum cash and it was a soft pull. I figured I would do it now in case they change to HP after they merge and you start seeing the Truist cards (the new merged name)

BB&T page is strange I got pre approved for all three credit card at 16,69% when I went to do the app it gave me a blank page and nothing about my pre approval at all. I'm i doing something wrong?

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cory88 wrote:

@vic6string wrote:

BB&T page is strange I got pre approved for all three credit card at 16,69% when I went to do the app it gave me a blank page and nothing about my pre approval at all. I'm i doing something wrong?

This could be due to your browser settings.  I'd check and see if you have anything that blocks cookies, tracking, etc., in your privacy settings.  Or, use a different browser or incognito window. 

Message 6 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Suntrust as well.  They are very conservative.  Didn't risk a hard pull so I applied for the BB&T cards....2 of them was preapproved for all 3.   No hard pull only SP.   Since they are merging anyhow I was like what the hell might as well apply thru BB&T with no HP. Rep said it would be a min before they merge the systems over to become the 1 one bank so until then they still kinda sorta operate as 2 banks with some of their products like credit cards.  I would advise going to there pre approval site see what they offer you.  Nothing to lose

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Not to repeat what has already been said. I got approved 2yrs post BK. Was a customer for 2yrs checking/savings. Got their CB card. First year was great 5% gas/groceries. Now its SD'ed basically. My BB&T with 3% gas took care of the SunTrust card. It was EQ pull. Both 2% groceries.

Message 9 of 10
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

@vic6string wrote:

Same here. Initially I got offered for all 3 several times a few weeks ago, got an application number that was supposedly good until April 14-ish I believe. Now I can use the pre-q link all day long and it comes back nothing for me lol (even with clearing the cache)

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.