Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync CLI request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync CLI request

So, my Belk card has the annoying limit of $2900. I requested an increase of $100 ($3000 total) to fix this obviously egregious error they have made with my CL, and was declined. To be fair, my account is just about 3 months old. Could that be why it was declined?

On the flip side, I was doing the same thing with Discover to get rid of another oddly rounded CL, and they approved me for much more than expected. I really just wanted $800, so I backed it down a bit to make the final CL have 3 zeroes instead of 2.

Up next, probably in a few months as I like to spread these things out, is asking Amex for the princely increase of $600. Wish me luck lol.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Sync CLI request

I just went through that with Capital One. All I wanted was $600 so I could have my three zeros. Two months in a row, my request was declined due to too little spending. On my third request, they happily offered 3K, and I took $2,600. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Can you elaborate how SYNCB made such an "egregious error" with your CL? Seems like the approval is what counts, no?

Also, it appears your Belk account hasn't been opened long enough to be considered for the CLI, but you can always reach Credit Solutions at the next go-round.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Can you elaborate how SYNCB made such an "egregious error" with your CL? Seems like the approval is what counts, no?

That was mostly intended as a sort of joke. I feel like the SL is pretty generous for a store card. It just annoys me that it is $2900....I mean, c'mon, would it kill them to just go $3000? Heck, I'll take a CLD to $2000 if it rounds things out lol.

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Optionally, you could take a voluntary CLD if it's of great importance to have things set a certain way since SYNCB can be flexible that way, but it would be pointless just due to a $100 rounding. Try Credit Solutions next time to see whether you can leverage better results with the CLI and then the world will be right 😊
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, my Belk card has the annoying limit of $2900. I requested an increase of $100 ($3000 total) to fix this obviously egregious error they have made with my CL, and was declined. To be fair, my account is just about 3 months old. Could that be why it was declined?

Waiting a bit longer can only help your CLI chances, as deeper account history is always a good thing.  You'll probably get something like a (say) $1500 CLI, bringing your account to $4400, then you can just call up and ask for a $400 CLD to $4000 if that suits you well.

Message 6 of 7
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

That was mostly intended as a sort of joke. I feel like the SL is pretty generous for a store card. It just annoys me that it is $2900....I mean, c'mon, would it kill them to just go $3000? Heck, I'll take a CLD to $2000 if it rounds things out lol.

Laughing hurts your FICO score. Joking hurts it more! How did you not know that?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.