Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch Identity Verification

tag
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Synch Identity Verification

For my "Identity's protection" I was told I had to fill out a survey received by text message in order for them to consider my application for a new card.  I have two Synch accounts already, when I refused that I was told I had to upload a five second video and a copy of my state ID.  When I refused to do that they denied my application.  Is this normal behavior from Synch?  I'm not giving them any information asked for through a pop up on a website.  Maybe I'll call them after I get the letter in the mail.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Synch Identity Verification

@EAJuggalo 

Unfortunately this is becoming way more common with Sych. If you don't comply it's a denial no way around that . I had to do something similar for my lowes card but getting 25K it was worth it to me .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I did something similair to that when I applied for thier  Premier Mastercard.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 13
CaptinVantage
Established Member

I guess I don't understand the concern or big deal , you are on the company's website . You gave them a ton of info to open the card . They then asked for a bit more. Again still the same company . Why not give them the info if you wanted the card ? Not like they asked to get into your tax returns like discover which is them data mining .What do you think could happen? Seems unnecessarily defiant of a process designed to protect you from someone knowing the first set of info and getting a card in your name.  The pop up , text message survey , video request and Id request all came from synchrony. Why the concern ? You would probably be just as mad if they didn't do those things and let someone open a card in your name . 

Message 4 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Good thinking. I've not encountered anything like what you described. I'd take every precaution to confirm it's not a scam. Best wishes and please keep us posted.  

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 13
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

I'm having a similar problem with Wells Fargo. 

I've been banking with them for 20 years. 

I applied for an active Cash card and they can't verify my phone number. My address is are correct on my credit bureaus and I provided proof of my address.

I've been to my Branch three times.

The reason they say they can't verify my phone it's because it's not listed on my Experian credit report.

I get the need to verify identity but I'm physically sitting in the branch across from a banker and they're not accepting it.

Message 6 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

Good thinking. I've not encountered anything like what you described. I'd take every precaution to confirm it's not a scam. Best wishes and please keep us posted.  

It is not a scam it is synchrony and they have been using this method for some approvals for at least a year or so .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 13
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo update:

So I speak to very nice Wells Fargo customer service and she updates my internal phone number. And she sent me a code via text to verify it. She said this should work and transferred me to the credit team.

So I speak to the credit team and they can't send me a code.

This is a bit ridiculous now because I verified my address but it's hung up on the phone number no pun intended.

Message 8 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Ramsport 

Log into your account and check your contact information. Verify the your cell phone number is in the cell /mobile number field. If not update your profile.  Just as a precaution. Edited to add

One more thing just in case they are sending but you are not receiving it. Ask the Wells Fargo what the short code is they are using the credit department. Check with your cell carrier that they are not blocking that short code.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 13
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

just did a prequal with rooms to go, and they sent a link via text msg that i had to click on...but it wasn't a survey or anything.  i clicked the link and the prequal continued.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.