Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Card CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Card CLIs

Just got CLIs on my Walmart and Amazon cards! Walmart went from crappy $700 to $1150 with luv button, Amazon CLI was denied but then I got an auto increase from $700 to $1100 (**bleep**?). How long do I have to wait until I can request a higher CL? Is it different between auto CLI and manual CLI?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Card CLIs

Give it a month and try online chat. Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I'm always too nervous to hit the LUV button for any of my Comenity or Synchrony cards (or any cards for that matter).

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got a $600 limit Wal Mart card in June. Most we charged was $400, paid it down to $72 in December,  hit the luv button and was increased to $1050.

You got the same increase we got. What is your credit score and high lines of credit?

Message 4 of 7
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I believe I read something here about letting a small balance report on Sychrony cards for 2-3 months then trying the Luv Button.  Might make it more likely to get an increase. I read it on my phone before going to bed then couldn't find the whole thread to read the rest so I don't know how well it works. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 7
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

The best results are hands down with either the online chat or by phone.

Even if you get denied through the luv button, call them or start a chat and have them request it for you.

If your CL is less than 5k, ask for at least 15k, if it's higher than 10k, ask for 25k.... they will just counter at the highest they can go at that time... then try again in two months.

It's never been an HP through chat or phone so you have nothing to lose. I got approved for my Sam's club line 3 months ago with a starting CL of $700, now I'm up to $8k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I believe I read something here about letting a small balance report on Sychrony cards for 2-3 months then trying the Luv Button.  Might make it more likely to get an increase. I read it on my phone before going to bed then couldn't find the whole thread to read the rest so I don't know how well it works. 

Here’s the Oddity! I was approved during my rebuild on 2/2014, for 20 0 2 or 3 months later bumped up to 300! After 8 months of having this card, hardly used, I was offered an upgrade for the Old Navy Visa, I happily accepted. When I accepted the upgrade my credit line increased to 2,200 now it’s at 2,500. I’ve had my Walmart store card since 1/2014, heavily used, let a balance report, and it’s still the store version. I’ve read the pros and cons of accepting an upgrade on this forum and after some consideration I don’t think I’d ever accept an upgrade.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.