Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Lowes Decline

@Ramdriver wrote:

Wonder what scoring model they use.

Didn't want to buy anything. Just like running pre-quals

Got the AA letter

What did the first page of the letter state as the main reason?  The second page only yields the negative reason codes based on the scoring model they used, which can be VS4 (as mentioned upthread) or TU F8 (in some cases and/or other products)

Message 3 of 10
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Ramdriver wrote:

Wonder what scoring model they use.

Didn't want to buy anything. Just like running pre-quals

Got the AA letterSync.jpg

Are the reasons they listed valid?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 10
Ramdriver
Valued Member

@FinStar wrote:

What did the first page of the letter state as the main reason?  The second page only yields the negative reason codes based on the scoring model they used, which can be VS4 (as mentioned upthread) or TU F8 (in some cases and/or other products)

First page read the same . No main reason just the list of four.

Message 5 of 10
Ramdriver
Valued Member

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Are the reasons they listed valid?

Yep. 

Not complaining just curious as to the model used.

Fico 8 was 652 at the time. The letter listed a 689 so the curiosity.

Message 6 of 10
Goos
Regular Contributor

Synchrony pretty much uses Vantage score 4.0 and it takes into account your credit card usage on a 6 month average (trended usage ) so does fico 10 . If your score is low for you it's because your balances are going up . That score can swing a 100 points . It is Very volatile . It's also the score they provide with your card online . 

Message 7 of 10
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

To the op,

So i am reading between the lines, you did the prequal and it said you were prequalified and you continued through with the app and got denied?

When i use that prequal it says im prequalified but only gives me an interest rate, i didnt follow with an app.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 10
Goos
Regular Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

To the op,

So i am reading between the lines, you did the prequal and it said you were prequalified and you continued through with the app and got denied?

When i use that prequal it says im prequalified but only gives me an interest rate, i didnt follow with an app.

Synchrony pre-qualified things generate a letter for why you are not pre-qualified . Doesn't matter if you apply or not . They will send you a letter as too why . 

Message 9 of 10
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Goos wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

To the op,

Synchrony pre-qualified things generate a letter for why you are not pre-qualified . Doesn't matter if you apply or not . They will send you a letter as too why . 

Thank you, i didnt know that.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.