Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJMaxx MasterCard preapproval email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TJMaxx MasterCard preapproval email

I received an email saying I was preapproved for a TJMaxx MasterCard and I have until July 15th to respond with a code I can either click the apply button on email or use the code and call a number it has listed in the email.

Does anyone know if these are real? There is only one apr for the card so that doesn’t tell me a lot. I thought it was weird that I only had 3 days to respond.

There is a prescreen opt out on the bottom of the email.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TJMaxx MasterCard preapproval email

It's probably real but there's no guarantee that you will be approved. I try to avoid retail cards at all costs. You may want to avoid applying unless you shop at those stores often and can afford to pay your balance in full at the end of the month.
Message 2 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’m sure it’s real. If you apply, just check to make sure the site is secure. It’s a MC, so it’s better than a store card, but I wouldn’t take it unless you shop at TJMaxx a lot. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that TJ Maxx has a store card version as well that they can give you if you don’t qualify for the MasterCard. That said, Sync majors don’t tend to be that difficult to get (other than the Marvel anyway). 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the 5% Back works for Home Goods as well? I spend about 400 a month there. Only reason I can think of that they have my email.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense are all included.
Message 6 of 7
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I was just at Marshalls yesterday and they were announcing the card over the loudspeaker every 15 minutes lol. It's definitely tempting, especially since it's good at all their family of stores. The cashback redemption is only good at their stores though, but if you shop there a lot, it's worth it. I make a killing with my 5% back at Target lol.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/tjx-rewards-platinum-mastercard/

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.