Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target temporary limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target temporary limit

My DW applied and was approved for a Target Visa card. She was given a CL of $2000.  When she received her card in the mail today it said that she had a temporary limit of $300 and that her full limit would be available in 7-10 days.  Is this a standard practice for Target? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target temporary limit

Is this a real post or a prank?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this a real post or a prank?

This a real post or I wouldn't have posted it. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target doesn't have a Visa card.  They have a Mastercard card.  Even then, they haven't allowed applications for their cobranded card in years.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Target doesn't have a Visa card.  They have a Mastercard card.  Even then, they haven't allowed applications for their cobranded card in years.

I'm not sure if it was a Mastercard or Visa.  I'm traveling for work and she told me this over the phone.  I do know that she applied for a Target credit card. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it was the Target Red Card that she was approved for.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'd have to be the regular retail card then.  Though as to your root question, Target is effing wierd/crazy with the credit product.  They have NO norms what so fracking ever.  You're DW is very lucky to get that high of a limit though.  The funny thing is they seem to give the highest limits to those most likely to carry a balance.  People with great credit get crap CL's and never get an increase, while folx with building/struggling credit and lower incomes get thousands.

Hmm....... It just dawned on me that Target is quite possibly a predatory lender.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It'd have to be the regular retail card then.  Though as to your root question, Target is effing wierd/crazy with the credit product.  They have NO norms what so fracking ever.  You're DW is very lucky to get that high of a limit though.  The funny thing is they seem to give the highest limits to those most likely to carry a balance.  People with great credit get crap CL's and never get an increase, while folx with building/struggling credit and lower incomes get thousands.

Hmm....... It just dawned on me that Target is quite possibly a predatory lender.

That's interesting.  I hope her luck crosses over to the lottery.

Message 8 of 12
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting.  I hope her luck crosses over to the lottery.

Congrats to DW. Just read some horror stories here with people getting a $300 limit and no increase for 10/15 years Smiley HappyIn my opinion she already hit the lottery with that SL.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Yes, Target does have Temporary limits....but I've never seen it on a physical card.....it's usually a temporary limit when you app in store and then when approved, the cashier will give you a temporary card with a temporary limit, which is only until you receive your physical card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.