Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's It!!! In the sock drawer you go!

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

That's It!!! In the sock drawer you go!

I have had my AMEX Delta for 10 months now.  SL was a measley $1K but with my scores at the time, I was just happy to get in.  The mistake I made was thinking that the card had the potential to grow.  I have requested a CLI four times, today being the last and every single request is met with the 7-10 message.  

In my eyes, until they prove otherwise, AMEX sucks!  I use the card each month, never carry a balance due to PIF each month but they still don't like me.  Well as of today, the feeling is mutual.  I know when I am not wanted and I refuse to hang around and be their punching bag.  Smiley Mad

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: That's It!!! In the sock drawer you go!

Maybe wait for the 1 year mark?  I don't know.

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, you shouldn't be upset.  It takes more for CLIs than just usage...scores, baddies, history etc.

You said you tried CLIs four times in 10 months? Did you do at 60/90?

What are you scores? Any other baddies?

I started with the same Delta Gold card at $1k and never got an increase because i was rebuilding, and upset like you, i closed it.  Now, my Delta Platinum is growing because my profile is cleaner.

Message 3 of 39
redpat
Senior Contributor

@A1Creditwrote:

I have had my AMEX Delta for 10 months now.  SL was a measley $1K but with my scores at the time, I was just happy to get in.  The mistake I made was thinking that the card had the potential to grow.  I have requested a CLI four times, today being the last and every single request is met with the 7-10 message.  

In my eyes, until the prove otherwise, AMEX sucks!  I use the card each month, never carry a balance due to PIF each month but they still don't like me.  Well as of today, the feeling is mutual.  I know when I am not wanted and I refuse to hang around and be their punching bag.  Smiley Mad

What's your EX score now?  That has a lot to do with it.  I have to say amex is one of the easiest creditors to get an increase from.

Take a deep breath, relax and look at your score, account aging and total util to see if that is impacting your CLI. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 39
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

680 EX seems to be a magic number with Amex in regards to CLI.

I understand the frustration but 10 months really isn’t all that long of a time in the credit world.

Keep up the good work and try to get your EX score above 680

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 39
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

lol, you shouldn't be upset.  It takes more for CLIs than just usage...scores, baddies, history etc.

You said you tried CLIs four times in 10 months? Did you do at 60/90?

What are you scores? Any other baddies?

I started with the same Delta Gold card at $1k and never got an increase because i was rebuilding, and upset like you, i closed it.  Now, my Delta Platinum is growing because my profile is cleaner.

LOL I know...I'm just talking crap and venting.

Yes, I have baddies and my EX at 665 is not all that great but I'm working on it.  My baddies are 2 collections and lates that are about 5 years old.

Message 6 of 39
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I think I requested the CLI today too soon since I don't think a full 30 days from my last request has passed.  That's my error and not AMEX but still Smiley MadSmiley Very Happy

@Anonymouswrote:

Maybe wait for the 1 year mark?  I don't know.

Message 7 of 39
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@redpatwrote:

@A1Creditwrote:

In my eyes, until the prove otherwise, AMEX sucks!  I use the card each month, never carry a balance due to PIF each month but they still don't like me.  Well as of today, the feeling is mutual.  I know when I am not wanted and I refuse to hang around and be their punching bag.  Smiley Mad

What's your EX score now?  That has a lot to do with it.  I have to say amex is one of the easiest creditors to get an increase from.

Take a deep breath, relax and look at your score, account aging and total util to see if that is impacting your CLI. 

LOL I'm not upset but moreso frustrated but I do know that it takes time.  I just come here to vent instead of punching a pillow LOL.  

My EX score is low at 665 but I'm working each month to do what I gotta do to gain.  Util is definately not an issue.

Message 8 of 39
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactorwrote:
680 EX seems to be a magic number with Amex in regards to CLI.

I understand the frustration but 10 months really isn’t all that long of a time in the credit world.

Keep up the good work and try to get your EX score above 680

Thank you for the encouragement and word of advice.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 39
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Sounds like your doing all the right things to raise your score. Use these 90 days to your advantage and work on clearing off/improving the baddies. Remember, the $1,000 SL seems to have the most trouble growing. So you're not the only one.

Before I tried CLI, I check to see what FICO score they have on file. If I know I have a better score, I wait it out knowing my patience will pay off. Hopefully this will help for you, too.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.