Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:
Got my 1k ED card in January. Denied for 3x in march and June. In the meantime I've gotten a PRG, a business green and a business gold.

Asked for 3x this morning and they countered with 2.000. I accepted. 675 EXP FICO

That's the way they did me... I went 1-2-6-18... Give it some good usage and the charge cards as well and they should be giving you some better luv the next time around!!

Message 3561 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Throwing a data point out there, since i just tried 3x at activation:

Applied: early July. No FICO score

Approved: Sep 8

Attempted: Sep 16. FICO: 727 EX/TU

Results: 7-10 day message. Email to call arrived instantly. Automated number said no CLI attempt on record, asked if I wanted to over the phone. Account too new denial. I'm guessing that doesn't reset me, so calendar marked for 61 days from today!

Message 3562 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

This thread always makes me giggle. Not it a bad way just that there could be so many comments and pages on a fairly concise issue. The first post on this thread which is regularly updated tells everything one needs to know. I understand this first page won't answer every comment that is relevant to one's own situation but 330 pages plus several comments per page is a bit much. 

Everyday in my mailbox there's several emails regarding this one thread that I commented on like 4 months ago probably. I'm not upset about it so don't take it that way I'm just amused by it. What is there more to say than first CLI 61 days, 90 days if rejected and 180 days after your first CLI and every time after until you reach $35k or further if you provide proof of income. 😂

People Not reading the first thread and asking the same question for 300+ pages and us giving the same answers. Mostly the 61/91/181 rules. Thank god for Gardener76. Beats me how he answered the same questions for what I think was years....😂😂😉😉

Message 3563 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

This thread always makes me giggle. Not it a bad way just that there could be so many comments and pages on a fairly concise issue. The first post on this thread which is regularly updated tells everything one needs to know. I understand this first page won't answer every comment that is relevant to one's own situation but 330 pages plus several comments per page is a bit much. 

Everyday in my mailbox there's several emails regarding this one thread that I commented on like 4 months ago probably. I'm not upset about it so don't take it that way I'm just amused by it. What is there more to say than first CLI 61 days, 90 days if rejected and 180 days after your first CLI and every time after until you reach $35k or further if you provide proof of income. 😂

People Not reading the first thread and asking the same question for 300+ pages and us giving the same answers. Mostly the 61/91/181 rules. Thank god for Gardener76. Beats me how he answered the same questions for what I think was years....😂😂😉😉

Well, there weren't that many pages when I first got my ED card in Oct of 15... Trial and error and watching what others go through has helped me pass on that knowledge. I do stay on top of things periodically.

Message 3564 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Atm, I'm in the middle of July. Soon I'll be an expert in AmEx clis lmao. I seen you consistently replying and helping people. Infant to two. 😉 😁

I do have a question, and have seen a couple posts on it over the years, not many though. I'm (unfortunately) wanting to purchase an iPad and am thinking on financing it through my BCP, but utilize the 0% APR and pay it off in 4-6 months. I've seen posts of people PIFing (majority) and a few using the 0% to finance what they choose. Near the end, or before, this little financing thingy I want to get my 2nd CLI hopfully to 12,000. Any new thoughts on how AMEX will feel carrying a balance for a couple months. The total purchase will be 1335 plus whatever Verizon charges if I gotta buy a SIM card from them. And what ever other cases/ accessory i get. I'll make a payment every two weeks of a 110-130 till that's payed off. I'll continue to charge my normal grocery, cable bill and PIF that.

I think this will also help getting my amex usage up, they'll probably like that (swipe fees) come CLI time and hopefully it won't be CLD time. LOL. 🤐

It's either BCP or Disco, and disco is at 1300/3500 uti, carrying a balance over there too.... 

Thoughts? TYVM! 🤓

Message 3565 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Gregory1776 wrote:

AmEx guy I talked to on the phone last night said that a could request another CLI in December, six months after my account was opened. I thought it would be February, 181 days like you said. Idk...beats me. I'm going to go for it though. 

Has anybody else experienced this? 🤔🤔🤔

I am going to assume he didn't look at your other account and was just telling you that you can ask for a CLI after 6 months, not realizing you had one recently on another card.  If you'd read this whole thread (haha), you would clearly have seen that I attempted to test the new account vs all accounts theory with my SPG both after activating it and at the 61 day mark.  Both times resulted in letters stating that American Express requires a minimum of 180 days between credit line increase requests.  (I asked for my first CLI on my Blue card in 15 years around January.)

Without question, there has to be more than 180 days between granted customer-initiated CLIs.

I read the whole thread!! LMAO 😝😝😝😝 (I'M at your post 👆) my previous post (quoted) was complete BS. Another CSR whom has no idea what hes talking about. 😑 

Message 3566 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

Atm, I'm in the middle of July. Soon I'll be an expert in AmEx clis lmao. I seen you consistently replying and helping people. Infant to two. 😉 😁

I do have a question, and have seen a couple posts on it over the years, not many though. I'm (unfortunately) wanting to purchase an iPad and am thinking on financing it through my BCP, but utilize the 0% APR and pay it off in 4-6 months. I've seen posts of people PIFing (majority) and a few using the 0% to finance what they choose. Near the end, or before, this little financing thingy I want to get my 2nd CLI hopfully to 12,000. Any new thoughts on how AMEX will feel carrying a balance for a couple months. The total purchase will be 1335 plus whatever Verizon charges if I gotta buy a SIM card from them. And what ever other cases/ accessory i get. I'll make a payment every two weeks of a 110-130 till that's payed off. I'll continue to charge my normal grocery, cable bill and PIF that.

I think this will also help getting my amex usage up, they'll probably like that (swipe fees) come CLI time and hopefully it won't be CLD time. LOL. 🤐

It's either BCP or Disco, and disco is at 1300/3500 uti, carrying a balance over there too.... 

Thoughts? TYVM! 🤓

Well first, I would seriously reconsider buying an iPad, but if you're an Apple person, then go on ahead. If you're planning to pay it off in 4-6 months, then using the new AMEX card would be good because it shows that you're going to use the card and have the means to pay it off. That being said, I wouldn't try for a CLI on it if the running balance is above 20%

CLD's with AMEX are rare, generally triggered by reduction in reported income or high balances with low-low payments.

Message 3567 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x cli success at day 62. Didn’t think it was going to happen because reading this forum when Amex starts you out with a 1000sl they are testing you out. Card is delta Gold. Util was at 62%, didn’t have my timing down correctly for when the card reported. Won’t make that mistake again.
Message 3568 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
3x cli success at day 62. Didn’t think it was going to happen because reading this forum when Amex starts you out with a 1000sl they are testing you out. Card is delta Gold. Util was at 62%, didn’t have my timing down correctly for when the card reported. Won’t make that mistake again.

Timing may not have been that bad, since it obviously shows that you needed a much higher line.  Congrats on the 3x CLI and best of luck with the $9k request in 181 days. Smiley Wink

Message 3569 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jus,did cli..... So on my ED got the 61,91,181 CLIs... but this time decided to go with the BCED tried to stay under rader and requested $6500 got countered $6400 Okay thks I'll take it LoL Smiley Tongue brings it to 16.3k !!!! This guide is awesome!!!!

Message 3570 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.