Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI questions

@creditinspired

Is it too soon to call tomorrow and ask for the reconsideration? Or do i have to wait the 90 days?
Message 4661 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DU556 wrote:
@creditinspired

Is it too soon to call tomorrow and ask for the reconsideration? Or do i have to wait the 90 days?

If it were me, I would call, if for nothing else but to update my income. You have nothing to lose since you’ve already been denied. And what if they make an exception?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4662 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call. You are asking them to reconsider their previous decision, you're not asking for alother cli. Say something like " I accidentally omitted certain forms of income and would like to know if the decision would be different if they were included." The worst they can do is deny you again. But then you'll know.
Message 4663 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI question

Have 2 cards. Does each one have its own CLI timetable?
Message 4664 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex does a SP about once a month. They base their decisions on the most recent SP. They don't pull again when you request.

Do you know if they have a consistent pull date each month? I want to do it after they do the next one....the June letter said it was based on my May 18 score.....so is it likely they pulled on June 18 and again on July 18?

By July 18, my credit reports will be showing an additional $12,500 in available credit that I achieved through CLIs on 3 different cards.

Message 4665 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pull date is generally the same, +/- a day or two, the same is the case with your statement closing date.

Message 4666 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today was the 180 mark for my last CLI on my Amex.  My limit was currently at 48K.  I shoot for a new limit of 60K knowing that I'd probably get hit with IV, which I did.  I backed down in 1K increments until I was approved at 53K with no IV.  The 5K every 180 days after a certain credit limit seems to be true.  

2019-06-30_14-10-06.png

Message 4667 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Question for everyone.  A bout 14 months ago I requested a 3X CLI on my Preferred Everyday Card and was successful in getting my CL raised to 48K.  I was wondering what are the protocols after for another CLI.  What should ask for next, etc.  I usually spend a $1k-$2k a month and pay it off each month.  My credit score is 825-840 depending on the agency.  Just looking to further build my credit profile.  Thanks

Message 4668 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Zero,

See the post right above yours where a member with an identical limit of $48k was able to move to $53k without IV, but any amount over that $5k increase would have resulted in IV happening.  I've been doing the $5k/6mo thing for a few years now and posts like the one above yours sort of confirm that it is indeed a "thing" with higher limit Amex cards. 

Message 4669 of 5,432
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

wait a sec, a 3x cli works if another amex account has been open for 6 months prior?

I never heard about this.   this is for a buddy of mine that is rebuilding.  he wants to up the BCP because keeping the utilization in line is killing him.  Can he attempt a cli on the BCP after 07/18/19 is the question?  just looked, he has put ~$25K through the BBP already, crazy.  Thank you!

01/18/19 approved for a BBP @ $2K

02/24/19 approved for a BCP @ $1K

03/22/19 cli on BBP $2K -> $6k

Message 4670 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.