Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED 3x CLI question

@CreditInspired wrote:
It does seem you requested CLI too early. Did you recount the days to make sure it actually was 61 days? If it was, your count may be off by 1 day as far as AmX is concerned. I used a date calculator to get the date and AmX still told me I requested at 60 days. 🤔 So now I always add a day or 2.

GL2U

Thanks for your answer! I used the calendar provided on the first page and counted myself, and I applied on the 61st day. That was probably safer to add a day or two I guess!

Can I try again now or should I wait 91 days from my previous application to try again ? 

Message 4811 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are too early then no you do not have to wait 91 days. I too applied too early and got denied. I tried again a few days later and it went through fine and was approved.
Message 4812 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Often times in our "eagerness" to increase our limits, we tend to jump early. I as well always add an extra day or two just to be safe, and to keep the requsts to a minimum. lol

Odds are that if it were too early, then by the time you receive the letter you're good to go again. If in fact a person is only a few days too early.

Message 4813 of 5,432
JL421

So I just had a massive auto CLI from Amex. I haven't actively been increasing any limits and all of my cards sit comfortably in the $6-10k limit range. I'm maintaining about an 800 Fico 8 score across all 3 buerus.

I had a $9k Amex limit, and today I got an email they did an auto CLI to $32,200. That bump seems insane to me, and it's a 3.57x increase? Why would they bump it that much, especially when I only put about $1k through it every month.

Message 4814 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Often times in our "eagerness" to increase our limits, we tend to jump early. I as well always add an extra day or two just to be safe, and to keep the requsts to a minimum. lol

Odds are that if it were too early, then by the time you receive the letter you're good to go again. If in fact a person is only a few days too early.

Just to give an update, I applied over the phone yesterday, and was granted the x3 CLI. So the issue in my case was indeed that even if I applied on the 61 st, that felt a bit short for Amex.

I guess that a good take away for the future would be to add one or two days just to be safe !

Thanks everyone for your help !!

Message 4815 of 5,432
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to give an update, I applied over the phone yesterday, and was granted the x3 CLI. So the issue in my case was indeed that even if I applied on the 61 st, that felt a bit short for Amex.

I guess that a good take away for the future would be to add one or two days just to be safe !

Thanks everyone for your help !!

Congrats on that huge auto increase

congratulations_letter-173559932-5c432fc646e0fb0001eeb190.jpg

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 4816 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got some interesting results from my successful 3x CLI yesterday... Opened Cash Magnet in May of 2019, with a SL of $5000, as my 2nd AmEx (I opened a BCE in May of 2017). Pulled the CLI trigger early at 91 days and was denied for that reason. Called in yesterday to ask when I was eligible, was told that on or soon after November 7th I'd be reviewed for an automatic CLI. I asked if I could manually try while we were on the phone, even though it had only been 5 months (151 days) since my approval, and she said absolutely. Went through the motions and got instant approval for a $15k limit. AND I was carrying a $1350 balance on my $5k limit at the time! Didn't seem to matter.

The moral of the story is, when dealing with a second AmEx card, you don't always have to wait 180 after approval for CLI. Now I'm wondering how much sooner I could've tried, since 91 days didn't work, but 151 did.

Good luck everyone!
Message 4817 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JL421 wrote:

So I just had a massive auto CLI from Amex. I haven't actively been increasing any limits and all of my cards sit comfortably in the $6-10k limit range. I'm maintaining about an 800 Fico 8 score across all 3 buerus.

I had a $9k Amex limit, and today I got an email they did an auto CLI to $32,200. That bump seems insane to me, and it's a 3.57x increase? Why would they bump it that much, especially when I only put about $1k through it every month.

They say don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

Congratz on the insane CLI, that must have been a very nice email ineed! I simply don't have the willpower to wait out an auto CLI. lol

But I sure would have loved to get that increase. I only put about $1K combined through my Amex cards monthly, so maybe that's why. 

Message 4818 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow OP that is awesome! Whatever you’re doing, keep it up because it’s definitely working for you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4819 of 5,432
ironchef
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

great news & congrats . I do have a question if they asked for 4506 or any Tax docs

Message 4820 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.