Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded BoA CLI after 7-10 day message

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

The dreaded BoA CLI after 7-10 day message

So it's been 90+ days since getting my card. I read some threads and figure I'd shoot the moon. Bad descision. I shoulda gone for a more realistic CL like 5K or 10K, instead i asked for 15K. Anyways what do you guys think, should I recon or try to talk to a CSR?

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: The dreaded BoA CLI after 7-10 day message

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

So it's been 90+ days since getting my card. I read some threads and figure I'd shoot the moon. Bad descision. I shoulda gone for a more realistic CL like 5K or 10K, instead i asked for 15K. Anyways what do you guys think, should I recon or try to talk to a CSR?

Even though 3 months are possible its usually recommended 6 months to request cli with Boa to better your chances. If the hyperlink appears it does mean you may try but i think more time established will play better in your oddsSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As AJC mentioned 3 months is possible but atypical.

With BoA a 7-10 can also mean the request was remanded to analyst for manual review so don't throw in the towel just yet.  BoA also counteroffers if there is anything on the table, and your asking for $15K instead of what you considered a "more reasonable" $5-10K wouldn't have any bearing on the outcome.  I suggest you wait until you get the letter before you try for a reconsideration.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 6
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

You haven't received the letter yet, is that correct? Assuming it is, I wouldn't do *anything* until I've read the letter. Calling or otherwise trying for a reconsideration without knowing *if* or why your request was declined doesn't make sense! Once you've read the letter, let us know what the outcome was. There may be no need to ask for a recon! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 6
username7
Contributor

Could end up like me. Get a denial, recon denial, mail letter stating denial, mail letter stating approval with SL/APR/SUB.. card arrives. weirdest process ever.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

God forbid if..only if op gets denial for cli then when he could ask for cli next time around?? 30 days later or 60 days or 90 days??

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.