Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time between Amex apps

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Time between Amex apps

...but my question is why did it just cancel the app and not decline or it or go to pending and give that specific reason about cards within a few months?  I honestly don't think it even did a SP.  I'll check EX later and see if it did.

The rep is now checking with a 2nd supervisor because the 1st doesn't understand why it was cancelled.  They said my account from 2011 is very established and perfect history and CM is fine and I can get a maximum of 5 cards.  She said I should be able to get multiple cards even within 30 days and she sees that all of the time so there is no issue there.

...on hold.

Message 11 of 21
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Ok, now she just came back online with the answer from the 2nd supervisor.

I must wait 90 days from approval of the CM only because the BCP is in the same family of cards.  I am eligible to apply for a different card in another family of Amex cards and I will be fine.  She told me to apply anytime after July 4th if I still want the BCP.

I also asked if there was a pull done from my internal amex score shown in my account or via my credit and she asked the supervisor.  He stated no, the application was instantly cancelled based on my ssn and new card date of 4/4.

So, that answers that.  Thanks for all of the replies.

Message 12 of 21
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

Yep I got one of those 2 a few months ago. You can only get 2 cards every 90 days minimum. So if you look at the date of your last app approval you must wait till 90 + 1 days to apply for another card. Otherwie as you can see if will simply cancel your app. This however does not apply to charge cards only revolvers. Hope this helps.

Thanks, you were correct.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The explanation sounds plausible but I'm not sure I buy it because it isn't supported by my experience.  I've been an Amex member since 1992 but I allowed my cards to lapse when I didn't use them for a few years.  When I resumed and reapplied, I was approved for a BCE with a 642 EX score because of my previous history with Amex.  But when I applied for a charge card - an entirely different family - a few days  I was declined because I didn't have the score to support approval for a charge card.

I studied the AA notices I got and realized that the score they were using for their decisions were not the same score displayed in my online account and actually lagged behind the online score by about a month (I was able to figure this out by looking at the dates they soft pulled my score). I started waiting for a while after my scores updated before applying and was successful.  Notice how a card was declined, the approx. one month later the same card was approved.

I understand your issue is somewhat different because the app wasn't even processed but I still think it has something to do with scores and the time between applications.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.45.24 PM copy.png

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

Ok, now she just came back online with the answer from the 2nd supervisor.

I must wait 90 days from approval of the CM only because the BCP is in the same family of cards.  I am eligible to apply for a different card in another family of Amex cards and I will be fine.  She told me to apply anytime after July 4th if I still want the BCP.

That makes more sense..

Because I was approved for the Bonvoy Biz 3/18/19, and then approved for the BBP on 5/15/19. Wich is obviously not 90 days apart, but not in the same Family of cards. 

They're currently only offering me $250 to upgrade my BCE, but if it were the $300 I might take the leap.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

MaizeandBlue, how were you able to pull up that historical application information?

Message 16 of 21
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MaizeandBlue, how were you able to pull up that historical application information?

You can view it here: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 17 of 21
Ricky_D
Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing!!

Did not know this existed. Very cool.  This is why I love this forum. Very helpful.

So, after looking at my Status Check Results, I see something I know nothing about. It says:

In Progress
We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision.

I did not apply for anything on the date it shows (5/10/2019).   Everything else is spot on by dates, but this one is baffling.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In addition to the link to check your application status you can also use this link to see the status of your CLI and/or line of credit requests: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome_loc.do

The PCN Number is the same as the reference number on the email from Amex acknowledging your request.

Message 19 of 21
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

amexgold.jpg

This was sort of bugging me so I app'd for the Gold 5 minutes ago.  It went to "In progress"  So I called and he said they couldn't confirm if I was a member of active duty military or had a direct family member serving in active duty because it's not listed on my account history with my other cards.  He said as a standing amex customer, we go by your prior history.

No credit check was done because my reports are frozen, which is why I thought it went to In progress and they would tell me to unlock.  I was instantly approved once he checked the box on my app that said I am not Active Duty military.

I was preapproved but went incognito so I could get the 50k MR points after $2000 spend and he said I can do "Plan It" with a max amount of $45k if I need to use that for anything.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.