Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is 91/3...

tag
RobD3
New Contributor

Today is 91/3...

Been with Navy since October '19. Picked up the CR on 2/7 with a $15k SL. 2 checking and 1 savings. I pay all my bills through these accounts on DD and autopay. The CR has a BT on it which started at $4.8k and is now down to $3.5k, never late and always overpay. Average balances on the checkings are between $1k - $2k give or take....

FICO EQ9 on Navy has grown from 693 on 2/7 to 738 on 4/3. Verified 3rd statement just cut.

I tried to read relevant parts of the NFCU thread but it's just TOO BIG...

Here's what I have on mind...Increase the CR SL, and then PC the CR to the MoreRewards AMEX. At the same time, I want to app for the Flagship as a second card. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Hut1
Established Contributor

Re: Today is 91/3...

Now's the time for CLI requests as many of us have been receiving them off soft pulls. I have both CR & MR and I have to say I like my CR better. Points are just a pain in the butt for me cause I have to search for something to spend them on and they're only redeemable in 5K increments. Just easier to redeem my cash. Totally up to you, though. 

The flagship will cost you a HP, but if it's worth it for you, go for it. 👍

download

Message 2 of 9
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation's on reaching your 91/3 point. You need to look and see what works best for you to be honest.

I personally love the more rewards card. And I just had them transfer my points into a cash deposit of 400.00 dollars into my account.

I have the MR FR and I plan on PC'ing my GR to the PC. NFCU is the best hands down in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to app for 👍.  

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 3 of 9
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

But... you say you got the card on 2/7. I take that to mean February 7, 2020. That was 64 days ago. You still have some time to go before you satisfy the 91-day requirement, right?

Am I missing something?

Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

But... you say you got the card on 2/7. I take that to mean February 7, 2020. That was 64 days ago. You still have some time to go before you satisfy the 91-day requirement, right?

Am I missing something?

.. Maybe OP can clarify ???

Message 5 of 9
RobD3
New Contributor

Sorry, Meant to say approved for CR on 01/07.

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RobD3 wrote:

Sorry, Meant to say approved for CR on 01/07.

I would app for what card fits your spend the most? .. JMHO

Message 7 of 9
RobD3
New Contributor

It's sage advice to be sure, and I know we're all very aware of the difficulty facing the whole travel and travel rewards community right now, but I definitely believe travel and it's rewards will return. Although it isn't as utility in my spending habits as it could be under different circumstances....I believe the Flagship's value will ultimately return and be a great card to own when the travel bargains come back. As to the CR PC to MR...Navy is still allowing that PC without issue right? One last thing, if I wanted to go ahead with a CLI in the CR, should I wait till after the PC or do it before?

Message 8 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RobD3 wrote:

It's sage advice to be sure, and I know we're all very aware of the difficulty facing the whole travel and travel rewards community right now, but I definitely believe travel and it's rewards will return. Although it isn't as utility in my spending habits as it could be under different circumstances....I believe the Flagship's value will ultimately return and be a great card to own when the travel bargains come back. As to the CR PC to MR...Navy is still allowing that PC without issue right? One last thing, if I wanted to go ahead with a CLI in the CR, should I wait till after the PC or do it before?

Might be some answers for you?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NFCU-91-3-Coming-Up-Which-Card-Should-I-Go-For/td-p/59...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.