Amex Everyday - 2k - 2 months

Citi Double Cash - 2k - 1 month

Inquiries 

EX - 5

EQ - 3

TU - 2

Income - 65k

AAoA - 5 years

My goal initially was to broaden my credit portfolio. Iv been doing quite a lot of traveling for work recently and thought the CSP would be great. However, that approval spiraled into an app spree. The only other card I would like to have is the Capital One Venture. I keep going on the prequal site and it says that I'm qualified for Venture and Venture one at the lowest possible interest. Should I just hold off on the Venture or do it now and get it over with?

If I decide to buy a home in the future, how long will all of these new inquiries effect me? I know they fall off in two years, but could I still go for a home loan in a year? 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too Many New Cards Too Fast?

I am going to follow your thread as I am curious about the home loan question as well. 

Congrats on the almost new approvals.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're planning to go for a home loan any time in the near future I'd get the card now and be done with it, then garden until after you get the house.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's the last card you're going for, I would say just get it. That way you won't have to worry about it in the future and knock the inquiry out fast. I got all my cards back to back last year and a few more back to back this year. Besides obtaining a QS Visa Sig or Venture, I'll probably garden until I get a house in the next few years.

(Or until some new shiny piece of plastic that would benefit me comes out Smiley LOL)

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase Slate - 10k - 4 years old

Citi Simplicity - 18k - 5 years old

PNC Core - 15k - 4 years old

Best Buy - 7k

New Cards

CSP - 11k - 2 months 

Discover It - 7.5k - 2 months

Amex Everyday - 2k - 2 months

Citi Double Cash - 2k - 1 month

Inquiries 

EX - 5

EQ - 3

TU - 2

Income - 65k

AAoA - 5 years

My goal initially was to broaden my credit portfolio. Iv been doing quite a lot of traveling for work recently and thought the CSP would be great. However, that approval spiraled into an app spree. The only other card I would like to have is the Capital One Venture. I keep going on the prequal site and it says that I'm qualified for Venture and Venture one at the lowest possible interest. Should I just hold off on the Venture or do it now and get it over with?

If I decide to buy a home in the future, how long will all of these new inquiries effect me? I know they fall off in two years, but could I still go for a home loan in a year? 

I agree with the other posters on your thread. 

If your scores are decent etc... I'd go for the HP now and then Garden Garden Garden. 

Your HP take 2 years to fall off .. but your score starts rebounding after 6 months to a year. 

So Get 'Er Done - Go For It ! 

App now and then just PLANT your BUM .. in the GARDEN! 

Please of course post your approval and details. ! 

Good Luck ! 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will go for the card now since the others are pretty new.  They will fall off almost the same time. It's not a good idea to app for credit cards while shopping for a mortgage loan.  We got our home loan in August of last year (2015)  I have 3 6 months old credit cards then.  I have to explain  and write an explanation to the underwriters  lol  Needless to say we got approved  and got the home that we want.  Goodluck on your mortgage journey, it's another  ball game

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with the others, pull the trigger and garden for the next year. 

Message 7 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Please update on the outcome. Hoping you get it and then get to grow them all into the home loan.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

+ 1
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribed.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.