Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truist CC soft pull or hard???

tag
Itachi175
Established Member

Truist CC soft pull or hard???

Hey guys im trying to get a clear anwser here about there credit card application once your approve. Is it a hard pull or soft?? And what bureau do they check?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Truist CC soft pull or hard???

@Itachi175 wrote:

Hey guys im tryint to get a clear anwser here about there credit card application once your approve. Is it a hard pull or soft?? And what bureau do they check?

I opened a new CC with Truist on 11/24/2021. It was a HP on EQ. I am an existing customer with other CC's with them, a checking account and a savings account. Yet they still did a HP on me.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 8
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Mine was a hard pull once I submitted my app. They pulled Equifax. Still waiting for a decision, as mine wasn't an instant approval or denial.

Message 3 of 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

It's a HP

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pre qualify and only got SP. approved 5500. Checked all bureaus no hard pull.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did pre qualify and only got SP. approved 5500. Checked all bureaus no hard pull.

@Anonymous - direct, non-pre approved applications are HP. The original poster didn't indicate which method they used. Pre-qualified offers (when available) seem to be SP so far.

Message 6 of 8
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't realize Truist has a pre-qualify option.

I tried now (under current client) and I got that the service was unavilable.

Maybe the site is just down right now.

Potential Future Cards
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't realize Truist has a pre-qualify option.

I tried now (under current client) and I got that the service was unavilable.

Maybe the site is just down right now.

You have to select new client since they are doing the merger with accounts. When merger is done it will Link to your client account. I accepted 2 cards no HP both 5500 limit 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.