Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truist *update approved**

tag
devilnic
Contributor

Truist *update approved**

So I was preapproved for all 5 truist cards. Picked the one I wanted filled in more info got a solid apr for when the 0% stops. Then it went into the circle thing and then they said it will be a week before they can give me an answer? Help? Has anyone else had this happen? Any and all advice welcome.

*Edit- They also hard pulled me? I went through the soft pull page? So my guess is after reading what @FinStar posted and all the crazy 4,5,6 cards maybe they are wising up and not taking chances with multiple cards? I don't mine the hard pull was just not expecting it.

**update approved for $6500 15.74% Equifax 765 Fico 8, Equifax 9 740 (Not sure what version they use). Also first time ever I got a fico alart that I opened a new account without having the physical card in my hand haha!

Moderators may want to move to approved

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Truist

To me, it sounds like they may be backlogged and likely scrutinizing any applications submitted via the pre-qualification portal. You may want to read the thread below for more context on previous TRUIST instances:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-many-Bbt-truist-cards-can-you-have-Did-you-receive...

At this point, all you can do is wait until they make a decision. If approved, you'll receive confirmation via email and/or the CC may display on the TRUIST customer portal if you're an existing client. Otherwise, update your thread when you learn or receive any additional info from them.

Message 2 of 7
CCrew
Regular Contributor

I'm willing to bet it got flagged for review. I apped at the tail end of that thread and was pre-qualed for all 5 cards. Apped for the Future card. Mine went through, card arrived yesterday. All as expected. PIN arrived under separate cover today. My $ is on they got wise to people apping for multiple cards and started reviewing everything coming across the wire. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)

Plain unmarked envelope with a Tampa return address. 

Message 3 of 7
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

To me, it sounds like they may be backlogged and likely scrutinizing any applications submitted via the pre-qualification portal. You may want to read the thread below for more context on previous TRUIST instances:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-many-Bbt-truist-cards-can-you-have-Did-you-receive...

At this point, all you can do is wait until they make a decision. If approved, you'll receive confirmation via email and/or the CC may display on the TRUIST customer portal if you're an existing client. Otherwise, update your thread when you learn or receive any additional info from them.

Absolutely agree with what @FinStar said above. I had to even talk with the Truist CC Fraud Dept to get my first card unlocked. So they realize now there was a glitch in their new Preapproval link and I'm sure they're being much more cautious.  I ended up with 4 different cards and they weren't happy about it at all. But after further review of my credit and deposit history with Suntrust (now part of Truist) they allowed me to keep them and they are all finally showing in my online portal as well. But I also would not be surprised at all if they came back later and closed any of them. They also are very far behind according to what numerous folks I spoke to told me. Give them/expect as much as 30 days to get an answer and or card if approved.

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@devilnic wrote:

*Edit- They also hard pulled me? I went through the soft pull page? So my guess is after reading what @FinStar posted and all the crazy 4,5,6 cards maybe they are wising up and not taking chances with multiple cards? I don't mine the hard pull was just not expecting it.

To pre-qualify it's definitely SP.

But, it's possible that after recent developments, especially with folks gorging on back-to-back approvals, they may have decided to adjust things internally and perhaps the outcomes may be HP. We'll definitely need to see more examples like yours to determine if this will be a new trend going forward post-prequalification. And, I'll echo what has been mentioned everywhere else -- this is why we can't have nice things. When something like this is exploited to the point where things are backlogged, whether it's the MF effect, YT blogs, Reddit, etc., this is the end result.

Message 5 of 7
devilnic
Contributor

"this is why we can't have nice things. " haha @FinStar  I totally agree! I just wanted the one card for BT at 0% as my family has had nothing but car problems this year. 

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@devilnic wrote:

"this is why we can't have nice things. " haha @FinStar  I totally agree! I just wanted the one card for BT at 0% as my family has had nothing but car problems this year. 

Understood since you only tried for 1 CC -- not 6! 😂

Keep us posted on the outcome. Just know that it may take a while to hear something since things kinda went sideways with the pre-approval portal once people learned about the multi-SP approval 'hack'. Fingers-crossed you get approved, though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.