Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Is Just a Number.

tag
Creditin
New Contributor

Credit Score Is Just a Number.

Hello everyone,

I was denied the darn CareCredit Card after being pre-approved for 9.2k for the following reasons:

a) No recent real state payments (We own the house.)

b) The average credit limit of your accounts is TOO LOW. (Thanks Capital One.)

c) No recent consecutive monthly payments in your revolving accounts.( I mostly pay in a lump sum.)

d) No recent Installment loans. ( Last one was 12 yrs ago.)

Your Credit Score: is 792 out of 850. (Transunion.)
Date: 04/11/2022

Thank God I didn't formally applied.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Score Is Just a Number.

Synchrony is crazy company. I'd call for a second review 1-844-406-7427 but have all of your financial info on hand when you call.

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Bradac56 wrote:

Synchrony is crazy company. I'd call for a second review 1-844-406-7427 but have all of your financial info on hand when you call.

@Bradac56SYNCB does not reconsider system-declined applications (including pre-qualified offers). In this particular case, the OP did not submit a full application, so no HP really. Moreover, no prequalification is ever 100% guaranted.

Message 3 of 7
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear of your Care Credit denial, @Creditin.  If your title "Credit Scores are Just a Number" means, they are irrelevant in credit decisions, that's not exactly the case.  They are just one of several "hurdles" that an applicant must clear in order to gain approval.   While a low score most likely *does* increase the chances of a denial, a high score *doesn't* necessarily guarantee approval.  I think it's good to think of them as the first "test" to pass along the approval process.  Then, a lender will consider other factors like the ones you mentioned in your denial letter as well as income, debts, or recent credit-seeking activity whether that is new accounts or inquiries.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 7
britt585
Regular Contributor

thanks for the number. Doesnt hurt to call and see what they say. wishful thinking .lol

Message 5 of 7
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Bradac56 wrote:

@Bradac56SYNCB does not reconsider system-declined applications (including pre-qualified offers). In this particular case, the OP did not submit a full application, so no HP really. Moreover, no prequalification is ever 100% guaranted.

True but that's there normal credit number and they do allow reconsiders for the Premier World Mastercard. 

I've heard that they have talked to people if the automated reply was really crazy.

Message 6 of 7
Creditin
New Contributor

Thank you all for your time and efforts.

The story goes like this:

I'm thinking of me as a soon-to-be an Ole Fart, and CareCredit came to mind.

I have around 20kCL with Synch is other cards and lines of credit. So they know me well.

I started the pre-app with just my last 4 and inmediately all my info shows up.

They offered the 9.2k, but when I investigated the high %s I declined.

In THEIR declining button.They did the pre-app anyway.

Thankfully I don't need the CL, and when it got serious, I declined. As in declined again.

So it was a temporary shock, since I've never being denied anything. Not only credit lines.

I'm fine now. THANK YOU all for your concern and willingness to help.

Cheers.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.