Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve - Part Two

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve - Part Two

@minski Not meant to be, but glad a better option was around the corner. Appreciate you posting the AR result, as I was about to go for the Alt Connect with an in-branch 60K points offer (50k + 10k for additional stacked 5x on gas for 6 mo). I'm 2/6, 2/12 (1/6, 1/12 currently reporting), so I'll save myself the denial and TU ping.

Message 11 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

Did you get a letter or is this something that was conveyed to you over the phone? 

Message 12 of 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

I too was denied originally. They were having process issues and ip address would no match so it became a verification issue. I would call the status line on Monday and see if they can tell you the reason for decline. If you are in the same position as I was, it may be a very simple fix. But I will warn you, expect long hold time on phone for card services. Real nice to deal with when you do reach them. My denial was overturned within about 3 hours. Good luck!

Message 13 of 20
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

That sucks.  Sorry😔

Message 14 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

Did you get a letter or is this something that was conveyed to you over the phone? 

I called the app status number and the message stated that my application could not be approved at this time.

Message 15 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

I too was denied originally. They were having process issues and ip address would no match so it became a verification issue. I would call the status line on Monday and see if they can tell you the reason for decline. If you are in the same position as I was, it may be a very simple fix. But I will warn you, expect long hold time on phone for card services. Real nice to deal with when you do reach them. My denial was overturned within about 3 hours. Good luck!

Thanks! I might do that if I haven't already purchased my plane tickets. I am expecting a spend of about $6000. Haven't purchased them yet because I don't know how to pay for them with my new Chase Sapphire Reserve before I even have the card. Smiley Happy That is what I miss about Blispay - they gave you a virtual card number to use.

Message 16 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

@minski wrote:
Second denial.

Smiley Sad

So, I called - after hours but hey.

Not the most friendly rep honestly but she did take the time to look up my application to see if there were any notes on why I was denied. Didn't see anything so she said I needed to wait 7-10 business days for the letter. Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 20
digitek
Established Contributor

This seems like an odd denial, from what you describe of your credit profile just about anyone would approve you for whatever you want.

Happy to hear you got a CSR, though. That's a great card, too, even if it's not what you had you eyes on. Can always try again in the future.

Message 18 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

I received my denial letter today with the following reasons:

- too many revolving accounts
- maximum unsecured credit (which is funny because they keep sending me mail about being eligible for CLI for my Cash+)

:\ I really wanted this card for a while now, too. But looks like this is off the table for me.

Edit: Score pulled EX 09 in NY - 816.

Message 19 of 20
stoolsen
New Visitor

I just saw this and know it's too late for this case. However, I read recommended advice (probably somewhere else on here) that after you receive a denial letter for any US Bank credit card you should make an appt with a banker at a local branch for them to call customer service on your behalf to get your denial underwritten by a person, live with both you and the local banker present. Sometimes, they can make it work by going over a few matters. I did this and was not successful, but customer service on the other end said I would have been approved if the last account I opened had been more than 6 months ago—which I believe is consistent with your case. However, then they also want 6 months between applications. So, perhaps waiting until that 1 last account was 6 months in the past was important. She also said that number of inquiries and number of accounts open didn't matter so much. The US Bank wants to see no accounts open in last 6 months. The banker said applicants (and I've read this somewhere else too) that for this card—that applicants also do better when they make an appt with a banker at a local branch and have the banker do the application for the card for you; they can call, live, for the approval/denial and discuss it in real time.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.