Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Question

Sorry OP about the denial. Interesting that they are also looking at inquiries, not just new accounts.
Hopefully the 2 OR 3 equates to new accounts too... I'm going to try next month when I'm 3/12
Message 31 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aloha808 wrote:
Still denied on recon. Spoke to UW and I was specifically told that either 2 or 3 inquiries in one year is too many to be approved for AR. Whether it's 2 or 3 depends on other factors in the persons report.

That seems like odd information specific to inquiries. I had a TON of inquiries going into my application (lots of auto, one mortgage preapproval, 2x credit card inquiries). 

Interesting data point nonetheless. 

Think this goes back to how every profile is different and the nature of YMMV. You combine that with the ARS/SageStream pulls (assuming it wasn't frozen before the app) and one person with a few inquiries and accounts could get turned down while another with similar stats could get approved

Message 32 of 41
Aloha808
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry OP about the denial. Interesting that they are also looking at inquiries, not just new accounts.
Hopefully the 2 OR 3 equates to new accounts too... I'm going to try next month when I'm 3/12

Thank you, appreciated! On second thought I'll just refocus on chase and amex biz cards til next August when my inquiries are down to 0/6 and 1/12, then reapply for AR.

To answer your question, I've gotten 15 biz cards in the last 12 months.

Active: Retired:
Message 33 of 41
Aloha808
Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Think this goes back to how every profile is different and the nature of YMMV. You combine that with the ARS/SageStream pulls (assuming it wasn't frozen before the app) and one person with a few inquiries and accounts could get turned down while another with similar stats could get approved

To answer you, I've never frozen sagestream or ARS.

Message 34 of 41
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Aloha808 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

To answer you, I've never frozen sagestream or ARS.

I know I believe we talked about it earlier in the thread, I just meant in general when any person applies with USB. I doubt it's common knowledge anyways but those that know might take action to freeze those two reports before applying

Message 35 of 41
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Aloha808  I think in your case the denial is more related to you playing with almost full deck than anything else. 

AR for them is not just a card, it's means to make you a more "involved" customer. A reward, if you will, so they can try to lock you in on depository/investment end. 

If it appears that you have no interest other than AR combined with lots of cards, they may simply feel it's a lost cause. 

AR is loss leader. They can tell loss here would be sizable, so nothing in it for them. 

If you stay app free for extended period of time, they may play nice. 

Message 36 of 41
Aloha808
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Aloha808  I think in your case the denial is more related to you playing with almost full deck than anything else. 

AR for them is not just a card, it's means to make you a more "involved" customer. A reward, if you will, so they can try to lock you in on depository/investment end. 

If it appears that you have no interest other than AR combined with lots of cards, they may simply feel it's a lost cause. 

AR is loss leader. They can tell loss here would be sizable, so nothing in it for them. 

If you stay app free for extended period of time, they may play nice. 

Not sure what you mean by a full deck, but I'll keep getting chase and amex cards and I'll apply next year and let you know how it goes

Message 37 of 41
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Full deck referres to number of cards.  

I'm sorry you did not get the approval. Being snarky with me while trying to help you will not get you any closer to your approval. You dont need to let me know how it goes, it will go exactly the same as it did now. 

Message 38 of 41
Aloha808
Contributor

wrote:

Full deck referres to number of cards.  

I'm sorry you did not get the approval. Being snarky with me while trying to help you will not get you any closer to your approval. You dont need to let me know how it goes, it will go exactly the same as it did now. 

I wasn't being snarky, but it's not very helpful when you're condescending. Thanks.

I'd like to mention that chase and amex biz card applications shouldn't impact an AR application (for my geographic area). 
Message 39 of 41
Trikoret
Contributor

I wonder if my wife has a shot at getting this card. She has 0 enquiries on her report and her last new account was a little over 2 years. The only new account shows on her report is the Amex card since I added her as authorized user in July.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.