cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLIs

tag
triplettomy

US Bank CLIs

Is US Bank SP just random or is there a trick I have an Altitude Go and if a SP was gonna try to see about increasing it but when I looked into it, it said a HP 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank CLIs

I've read that they sometimes do soft pulls, but each time I've tried on my Altitude Go, they try to do a hard pull. It fails though because I've got a freeze on my report.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I had 3 granted without a hard pull, one with a hard pull on EX (forgot EX wasn't locked because they usually pull TU), and 2 denied because all 3 were frozen.  So basically 50/50 for me.  It seems to be somewhat random or possibly credit-based as to whether they pull or not.  The language will always warn of a hard pull (BOA is the same even though their CLI requests have been SP for a few years now).

Message 3 of 7
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

My experience is with their REI Mastercard.  I have had this card over 3 years, and every 6 months I go for a CLI.  Never had a hard pull, only soft with all three CRA's frozen.  YMMV

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 4 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@MarkintheHV I'm curious,  have your REI requests been made through the website or on the phone?

Message 5 of 7
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

3 through the website, and 1 over the phone because the CLI part of their website was down.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 6 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Gotcha... that card is a keeper for me. I've tried 2 times online as well (all 3 frozen) and I got a letter in the mail each time saying they couldn't approve because of inability to access my reports.  Gotta love it. YMMV Indeed. I may just call in. Thanks for the datapoints.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.