Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Mailer

tag
Racer202
Established Member

US Bank Mailer

Was surprised last week when i received a mailer to apply for the US Bank Cash + card. It seemed a bonafide prequalify with specific APR noted. For a moment in time there i was about to disregard my gardening plans to take aim at adding another CB card to my current lineup. Had to reconsider when i looked my credit profile in the face and saw 8/24 and 4/12. I understand US Bank to be unmoveable on 1/12 so cool head prevailed and didn't risk the HP.

You would think US Bank wouldn't send out mailers like this to set customers up for failure. Be vigilant with your apps. I've pulled the trigger carelessly in the past with HPs. No more!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Mailer

A pre-selected offer just means that you met certain criteria for their marketing blitz. They weren't factoring your inquiries. That's where your knowledge benefits you!!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

I opted out of the promotional mailers via each CRA . . . sometimes I regret it -and- other times I really don't miss all the marketing mail. 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 4
FICOlearner123
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing and highlighting the fact that prequal is not a good parameter to go by

Goal Cards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.