Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Pre Qualify

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

US Bank Pre Qualify

I tried using the US Bank Pre qualify link and it says I’m pre approved for a US bank Visa Signature card. Don’t these usually start at a $5,000 min? I’ve read that US Bank starts at $500 most of the time.
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Pre Qualify

Mine was $500 with scores 720-730. Recon failed due to many recent new apps. Last week got the 365 Amex, also with $500 cl. Recon denied again due to low usage on existing card (running $100 or so per month). To the sock drawer both go until they have usable limits or USB closes them.

There's been many on here who've had good luck with them though. Good bank to work with in the long run.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was prequalify for the cash+.  

Applied and approved for 10k,  reconnect to 15k.  

820 Ish score on TU at the time

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I use their pre-qual tool, it says at the top “Based on your preferences, we recommend the following offers for you”. Such a weird way to say “You’re pre-qualified!” Plus, if I choose travel rewards one time or cash rewards another time, they give me 6 different cards. Always makes me think they’re just showing me the cards that match the rewards I want only.

Is that what all of you see as well?
Message 4 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Every time I use their pre-qual tool, it says at the top “Based on your preferences, we recommend the following offers for you”. Such a weird way to say “You’re pre-qualified!” Plus, if I choose travel rewards one time or cash rewards another time, they give me 6 different cards. Always makes me think they’re just showing me the cards that match the rewards I want only.

What you are looking for is a SOLID apr, not a range. If it says 14.9%, that's a good pre-qualification. If it's given you a range, say from 14.9%-19.89%, you are not pre-qualified. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the info. When i use that pre-qual tool, it’s doesn’t feel like a true pre-approval. I would rather it just say “We don’t have an pre qualified offers for you but take a look at these products.”
Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Mine looked like this back in December:

USBprequal2.png

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok mine looks like that but the APR’s are hyphenated.
Message 8 of 11
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What you are looking for is a SOLID apr, not a range. If it says 14.9%, that's a good pre-qualification. If it's given you a range, say from 14.9%-19.89%, you are not pre-qualified. 

ok i got a solid APR but not the greast APR. I am going to wait a few months and see if it improves. It still says i am pre qualifed for a visa signature card 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

There u go OP! Doing one of the hardest things to do in the credit journey........being patient!!! Lol. It is tough at times.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.