Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Secured Data Points

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

US Bank Secured Data Points

Thought I would share as this might help someone else. I don’t need this card BUT US bank has never given me the time of day, even with Secured cards I always get denied.

They pulled EX for me in Dallas . I applied for the Cash + one more time around June 20th. Denied , but this time , on the letter at the very bottom it had verbiage about “try our Secured card” . Never seen it on a letttwr and I was denied for INq as I have 30+ I figured sure !!

770 EXP FICO 3% UTL no baddies

8 new accounts ( closed a bunch though so need to update my footer )

Initially got the 2-10 days, robo lady says can’t find my app. Applied July 01,2019.

Made 3 phone calls over the past few weeks and said it was in verification.

Finally last week they transferred me over to verification! Never made it that far !!!

Answered some questions about my name change in 2016, more questions about addresss and email address and what platform did I use to apply ? Laptop or phone and who was my phone provider . All looked good and they sent it over to UW. 2 business days later , money was taken out of my account to fund the card. Today I called and said all looks good they are waiting for the account to be added and wait 2 more weeks to get the card !!! Holla! Hope this helps someone
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Secured Data Points

Seems like you had some flags you didn't even know about looking through the questions they asked.

When calling them use 800-947-1444 and hit 0 to speak with someone instead of dealing with the automated system lookup that doesn't work most of the time.

I still don't see why you needed the secured card in the first place based on the info provided in the previous thread.  I'm guessing it's more of a challenge card based on the previous denials.

Their security is a bit wonky to say the least when it comes to some of the questions they ask but, being thorough is important with all of the data breaches in the past few years.  

Their big ticket issues are usually new accounts / inquiries.  If you can abstain from apps for 6-12 months things are a bit easier.  I got auto denied for 2 apps with them early 2018 and called them up and got a manual review for approval 1K/ea and called them again to ask fror 25K/ea and they countered with 10K/ea.  Nothing is set in stone with them though they have been more stringent in 2019 with their policies.

Message 2 of 4
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thank you for the reply .

Yes it was more of a “game” for me but we all get stubborn and want what we can’t have !! And now , I’m over it lol.

I dealt with robo and they connected me after all the time . I’ve actually had nice CSR’s though .
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if I would say "nice" but, they're easy to deal with.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.