cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

Today, I noticed that there's a link to request a CLI when logging into my USB account online. They also updated the iOS app and added that feature. I went through the motions of requesting a CLI out of pure curiosity and stopped at the end. I didn't want another HP since I've added a few for other apps recently. 

I also checked the Android app and link is not there yet.

Now, who wants to go first and post results/experiences? Smiley Tongue

-----------------

12/27 Update and info from USB UW dept.:

If you request a CLI online/app or with Customer Service over the phone, you'll receive (or not) an increase based on what your credit profile qualifies for. Basically, you can't request an amount for consideration.
However, if you call the underwriting department directly, they can do 2 things for you. They can add a note to your application with a desired credit line or you can request a specific amount. If you go with the latter, it's all or nothing. They will not counter. So, if you ask for too much, you'll simply get denied without an extra penny.
If you ask them to put in a note with a CL for consideration, the underwriter reviewing your file will see it, but will counter if you went with an amount higher than they're willing to offer you.

In my case, I obviously chose to simply add a note with a desired limit of $50k on my AR (from $25k). I didn't get the full amount. I was bumped up to $40k a few hours later. And yes, it was a HP on EX. I was hoping they'd pull TU or EQ because EX has 11 INQs. EX has been taking a beating lately, but satisfied with the result.

121 REPLIES 121
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

I would but i dont have US BANKSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

The only way I'm going to get money out of them is by waiting 25 years 

Message 3 of 122
calyx
Super Contributor

The CLI link in the desktop looks the same as ever (which used to make me giggle, because it was a secured card).
I never looked for it in the app previously, but I see they're VERY INSISTENT that I'm eligible for a Gold checking account.

It's adorable that they let me know I spent $7 extra this month.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 122
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

The only way I'm going to get money out of them is by waiting 25 years 

I'm in no position to ask for more right now. I got a $25k CLI on my AR early this year, but it took 3 attempts and 2 HPs to get there. Got shot down the first 2 tries. 

Then my Cash+ is my lowest limit card at $5k, but I have no reason to go higher with a $2k per quarter cap.

I've read some of your posts about your AR. You'll get more out of them in time. It took me close to a year to finally succeed.  

Message 5 of 122
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

The CLI link in the desktop looks the same as ever (which used to make me giggle, because it was a secured card).
I never looked for it in the app previously, but I see they're VERY INSISTENT that I'm eligible for a Gold checking account.

It's adorable that they let me know I spent $7 extra this month.

I've been with USB for 2 years almost with Cash+ and AR, and never seen a CLI link. They said most cards weren't available for online requests. It's probably not a big deal but some people prefer to send a request without having to talk to a rep. I'd still like to see the ability to request an amount too -- at least for consideration. 

Message 6 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If I thought for a second I had a chance, I would. I dont want to burn HPs prematurely, because with them, it will take a few at least 

Message 7 of 122
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

If I thought for a second I had a chance, I would. I dont want to burn HPs prematurely, because with them, it will take a few at least 

look at @FinStar @Mahraja @12njoy @myself and the list continues.  Hp's don't mean much, new accounts is a bit of a different story with a few lenders cough us bank.  Just a HP Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 122
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IME, I've always had the CLI link display online for all of the USB CCs in my profile...on desktop that is. There was a time when I believe certain products didn't have the feature until they redesigned the site...well, to the extent anyone can call it redesign 😁

Never ventured on mobile to see if that feature was available though, until this thread came up.

I think @pizza1 had success with her CLI request sometime ago? But, I'm thinking it was her biz CC.
Message 9 of 122
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

yes her success was on business card.  I believe the signature/infinites never had it or least when i had cash+ never showed.  

Message 10 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.