Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank secured

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

US bank secured

Hello , well I applied for the Secured card again and I just want to get in with the bank anyway possible . Appd on July 01 and called today and spoke to the analyst . He stated it is in verification . Is this good or bad ?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US bank secured

@texasman07 wrote:
Hello , well I applied for the Secured card again and I just want to get in with the bank anyway possible . Appd on July 01 and called today and spoke to the analyst . He stated it is in verification . Is this good or bad ?

Verification a good thing because it's not a denial. 

Why not apply for unsecured card from them, though? 

If their secured cards go through same manual review, they might wonder why you're applying for considering your other cards 

Message 2 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

I did apply for the unsecured first . I got a denial letter but this time, at the very bottom of the letter it said , “ we would like to take this opportunity to tell you about a US bank secured visa ...”
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
I did apply for the unsecured first . I got a denial letter but this time, at the very bottom of the letter it said , “ we would like to take this opportunity to tell you about a US bank secured visa ...”

Yeah they offered that to me too but it's a slap in the face IMO. 

Message 4 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Oh no . What do you mean ? Is that just a generic thing they put in the letters.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.

@texasman07 wrote:

What were the reasosn for the denial?  INQ? Accounts? or something else?

I see NO reason you should be applying for a secured card with anyone at this point.  Did you call them to manually review the first app?  What was the first app for?  What does your activity look like for new accounts/apps for the last 6-12 months?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
Oh no . What do you mean ? Is that just a generic thing they put in the letters.

I would imagine it probably goes on all of them. 

I would never apply for a secured card with the cards in my signature, much less with the cards you have in yours. I would just stop applying for 6-9 months and try again. 

Message 7 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Okay thanks all
Message 8 of 18
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.

@texasman07 wrote:

What were the reasosn for the denial?  INQ? Accounts? or something else?

I see NO reason you should be applying for a secured card with anyone at this point.  Did you call them to manually review the first app?  What was the first app for?  What does your activity look like for new accounts/apps for the last 6-12 months?

^ I concur, unless your profile is a trainwreck of lates and some lowFICOs (or bad information on Sagestream), I can't imagine why you'd need a secure card with them.

*I* have one, but I had no reporting positive lines and scores at the mid500s when I got it.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Just called and it’s still in verification 😞
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.