Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Cash+ questions..

tag
HappyBuilder42
Valued Member

USBank Cash+ questions..

I'm planning to app for USBank Cash+ soon. I have an expense coming up in April and would use the 0% APR offer on it.

The last card I got was Navy Plat(8/2021) and before that RBFC Plat CB(2/2021).
Seems I would be 1/12, but without thinking about it, I added myself as an AU on my wife's Navy GR when she got in 5/2021. I also got a new car lease 5/2021.

As I understand it, being AU on my wife's card shows as new account for me.

Should I drop myself as an AU from the Navy GR?  Would that completely remove it from my credit report?
Does the car lease factor in as a new account in USBank's 1/12 calculation?

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: USBank Cash+ questions..

I would not worry about the lease.   I wouldn't worry about the addition as an AU either nor would I remove myself before applying, worst case if there were a denial you would definitely call them to speak with an analyst and request a reconsideration. 

If this really bothered you there is the option to instead apply for an Elan Max Cash Preferred card via a local banks co-branding arrangement, which is itself a virtual clone of the Cash+ but whose data points infer as being somewhat more inquiry-tolerant. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
HappyBuilder42
Valued Member

Re: USBank Cash+ questions..

@coldfusion wrote:

I would not worry about the lease.   I wouldn't worry about the addition as an AU either nor would I remove myself before applying, worst case if there were a denial you would definitely call them to speak with an analyst and request a reconsideration. 

If this really bothered you there is the option to instead apply for an Elan Max Cash Preferred card via a local banks co-branding arrangement, which is itself a virtual clone of the Cash+ but whose data points infer as being somewhat more inquiry-tolerant. 

Thank you for the input. I am actaully going to try for both. Going for Cash+ first as that is the one I mainly want, but I do want both. I tried for Max Cash Preferred last year and was denied, but I was well over 3/12 at the time.

Now I'm just waiting for one of my cards to report on the 10th so I will be AZEO. I will give an update after the applications.

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.