Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

@Anonymouswrote:
I got approved with a SL of $1K. It's mostly because I have an 39% utilization rate with the Barclay's Apple Rewards card (promo APR for 24 months), otherwise I have a 3% overall utilization.

All scores in the 750-760+ range
Income: $26K+

Other cards include:
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - 15K
Barclay's Apple Rewards - 5K
Chase Freedom - 11K
Discover - 9.7K
Marvel MasterCard - 7.5K
USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards - 7K
USAA Preferred Cash Rewards - 5K

Let's just say Barclay's has been the most conservative lender for me. At least it's good limit to not eat out too much. Ha Hopefully, I can combine the Apple card once I pay that off.

Congrats! Maybe after your balance drops they'll increase it.  They are sensitive in the aspect.

Message 181 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied a min ago, and got the pending message. Should I call them to verify information and such? 

I used a business address to apply for this card. I don't know if it matters.

TU: 757 (pulled this)
Income: $36K+

Util: 1%

AoAA: 2y 7m

AoOA: 5 years

HPs on TU in the past 2 years: 1 (none in the past 6 months)

1 openings last year (4/8/2017), another new account on 3/15/2016.

No baddies.

Other cards include:
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - 6K

Barclay's Travel reward - 4k
Barclay's CashForward - 3K
Chase AARP - 6K
BoA travel reward - 6K

BoA BB - 6k

Amex BCE - 6.5k

Message 182 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Just applied a min ago, and got the pending message. Should I call them to verify information and such? 

I used a business address to apply for this card. I don't know if it matters.

TU: 757 (pulled this)
Income: $36K+

Util: 1%

AoAA: 2y 7m

AoOA: 5 years

HPs on TU in the past 2 years: 1 (none in the past 6 months)

1 openings last year (4/8/2017), another new account on 3/15/2016.

No baddies.

Other cards include:
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - 6K

Barclay's Travel reward - 4k
Barclay's CashForward - 3K
Chase AARP - 6K
BoA travel reward - 6K

BoA BB - 6k

Amex BCE - 6.5k

That could very well be verification. Since you have not applied for a while. Best of luck, I definitely think this is an approval for you.

Message 183 of 333
arkane
Established Contributor

I'd just dial the backdoor number and ask about the status. If denied then you can recon right away. I reconned my denial I into a 5k SL because Barclays' computers hate thin files.
Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 184 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkanewrote:
I'd just dial the backdoor number and ask about the status. If denied then you can recon right away. I reconned my denial I into a 5k SL because Barclays' computers hate thin files.

Yeah, I just called in, and indeed it was a verification message. Got approved in a 1 min wait and moved some CL from one of my Barclay cards to the new one. Surprisingly, the total SL is just 2K, which is the lowest CL that I have ever received... Maybe they really hate the thin file at this moment. One problem they mentioned is I haven't used one of my Barclay cards for a while. Would that be a problem if I call in for a recon for increasing the Uber card CL?

Thank you guys for the data points and encouragement! 

Message 185 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@arkanewrote:

Yeah, I just called in, and indeed it was a verification message. Got approved in a 1 min wait and moved some CL from one of my Barclay cards to the new one. Surprisingly, the total SL is just 2K, which is the lowest CL that I have ever received... Maybe they really hate the thin file at this moment. One problem they mentioned is I haven't used one of my Barclay cards for a while. Would that be a problem if I call in for a recon for increasing the Uber card CL?

Thank you guys for the data points and encouragement! 

Congrats on your approval!

Barclays is a jealous lender.  They generally do like to see usage with existing cards.  It may also be possible (though this is speculative) that you are at their current internal max.  Hanging up and calling again to ask for a higher limit doesn't hurt but I wouldn't expect much to change if they took part of the limit from one card to open a new card.

Message 186 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I called in and moved some CL from another Barclay account to my Uber Visa account. I guess this is the easiest thing I can do for now. Now with 4K SL on my Uber card, which still seems low yet enough. I think the usage history might have affected my SL as you said...

Message 187 of 333
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

TU is 663

Accounts opened in the last six months =6

Inquirires in TU=2

UTL 8% 

I was approved with a SL of $250 and I was going to just accept that at first. However, after reading all the threads on this card, I decided to try my luck with recon. After answering some questions about income, and two settled chargeoffs, she asked to put me on hold. After about three mins she returned and told me she could offer me a new SL of $1000. As someone who doesnt even have six months of rebuild history, Ill take this line and smile. This card is the perfect fit for our tavel goals. 

Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 188 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AFreshStartwrote:

TU is 663

Inquirires in TU=2

UTL 8% 

I was approved with a SL of $250 and I was going to just accept that at first. However, after reading all the threads on this card, I decided to try my luck with recon. After answering some questions about income, and two settled chargeoffs, she asked to put me on hold. After about three mins she returned and told me she could offer me a new SL of $1000. As someone who doesnt even have six months of rebuild history, Ill take this line and smile. This card is the perfect fit for our tavel goals. 

Nice! 

Message 189 of 333
arkane
Established Contributor

@AFreshStartwrote:

TU is 663

Inquirires in TU=2

UTL 8% 

Nicely done! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 190 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.