cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber or WF Propel?

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Uber visa Wf American Express or UX visa cash.

My FICO is 802 as of today.Y would. Like to get as many cards possible with out getting. Turned down. Have 12 cards with total cl 95k and owe 1500.want to get. Most bang.
Message 11 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, getting turned-down is part of the process in some cases, it's all profile dependent.

Seems like your utilization is fairly low and FICO score is definitely optimal. Just keep in mind that your score may fall off its cradle, but can easily recover with time.

What is your AAoA and AoYA? How many inquiries overall per CRA and how many recent accounts opened in the past 6-12 months?
Message 12 of 21
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I have 3 inquirys in the last 2 years and have open 2 accounts summer td bank and blispay visa. if I do 2 inquirys for 2 accounts in the same day how much will my fico score go down?

Message 13 of 21
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: which 2 creditcard should I get uber , wf american express or us v pluse cash?

Op, if there is no particular benefit you are looking for with these choices, I say maybe go for a card that is with a lender you don't have, just to spread it around. It looks like you don't have anything tied to Amex for example. They are a good one to get in with, especially with the scores you have. Assuming you don't have an excessive amount of recent inquiries, to me, you have many options.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which 2 creditcard should I get uber , wf american express or us v pluse cash?

Good thing about Uber card, is it's a Visa card.

Good thing about propel, is you can get 4.5points per dollar if you combine it with wf signature visa (you cannot apply for this with propel at the same time) , it is an Amex card, so little bit less accepted.
Message 15 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you should be good to apply for any of them (or all of them if that's what you want).

As far as the biggest bang, that would really depend on what you want rewards-wise short-term or long-term. There's no way to know for sure what impacts this will have score-wise, but it should be negligible, unless you are applying for a big ticket item in the foreseeable future. Over time, scores will recover.

Explore the benefits of each card, compare them side by side and decide what makes more sense to your spending patterns.
Message 16 of 21
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

What's a " US visa pluse card"? I am not 100% sure which card you are referring to.

Propel and Uber has a lot of overlaps, so I'd only get one of these and not both. My vote would be for the Propel, because I have the Uber and am very much unhappy with it. If I could rewind time, I'd get the Propel. The propel has a lot more covered, looks better too. Although there is a lot of other better cards out there as well — I am curious, why narrow it down to these?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why about Uber that make you unhappy? Just wondering.
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

What's a " US visa pluse card"? I am not 100% sure which card you are referring to.

My guess is USB Cash Plus.

Message 19 of 21
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why about Uber that make you unhappy? Just wondering.

Barclays, mostly.

It has been a really rocky start with them. Also, cheap physical card. I mentioned this before, but really cannot get over the fact that my name is overlapping, under the VISA logo. Easiest card to scratch. Lowest limit card. I am over the threshold for Visa Signature, but they'll never upgrade to it (I got "technical" CLI). One of the most uninformed CSRs ever. Not so easy redemption of rewards, comparatively. Even their free "FICO" score has not been updating for two months now. And the worse one? The ongoing fear of getting a surprise CLD, which they seem to do a significantly more than most other banks. Plenty of threads about this issue, really, so I am not alone. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.