Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: APPROVED Barclay apple chances?

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Update: APPROVED Barclay apple chances?

Tried in June and was denied with not enough history post bk and too many new accounts.

I’m planning to try again in feb. utilization should be around 30% across 9/16 accounts,none of which will be reporting over 40%. I don’t thing utilization will be an issue however I think new accounts will be.

All of my accounts except 1 have been open post discharge so 15 in 1 year with 4 or 5 being with in the last 6 months and out of that only 1 in the past 3 months. So they’re a little aged out. Do you think Barclays will still have an issue with that? Just looking for something to put everyday spend on instead of my debit and preferred to get rewards, obviously it isn’t a priority but, it would be nice. Trying for apple since the only other Barclays accounts that appeal to me seem to follow that “6/24 rule”

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay apple chances?

@jonnyc wrote:
Tried in June and was denied with not enough history post bk and too many new accounts.

I’m planning to try again in feb. utilization should be around 30% across 9/16 accounts,none of which will be reporting over 40%. I don’t thing utilization will be an issue however I think new accounts will be.

All of my accounts except 1 have been open post discharge so 15 in 1 year with 4 or 5 being with in the last 6 months and out of that only 1 in the past 3 months. So they’re a little aged out. Do you think Barclays will still have an issue with that? Just looking for something to put everyday spend on instead of my debit and preferred to get rewards, obviously it isn’t a priority but, it would be nice. Trying for apple since the only other Barclays accounts that appeal to me seem to follow that “6/24 rule”

Yes

Message 2 of 18
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

Yes

Was asking for more of a DP perspective rather than an opinion. There have been people approved with 30/24. But thanks anyway for your input.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re going to be far too risky for Barclays to even think about touching you, sorry. 

Besides the new accounts, you’ve got a wallet full of store cards and three secured cards unless your sig isn’t updated? Barclays is one of the most skittish lenders for people who have stable good credit, they’re totally not made for your profile. 

Message 4 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

While nothing in the world of credit is guaranteed, lenders tend to adjust their internal UW models fairly often, and while the Apple Financing CC may have been somewhat easier to qualify, it's possible that it may fall under similar criteria as their other CCs.

You're welcome to try and see how that fares for you though.
Message 5 of 18
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re going to be far too risky for Barclays to even think about touching you, sorry. 

Not necessarily, This forum is filled with people that have been approved for this exact card anywhere as soon as 2 months to 6 months post DC. so again, asking for more of a DP perspective, but thanks for your opinion. 

Message 6 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

15 cards in 1 year and post BK 4/18 too! Not only will Barclays have a problem with that, almost every other CC will too.

It really is time to slow down and smell the roses; or IMHO, BK #2 will be in your rear view mirror. Please go and garden for a year.

EDIT. Oh well, I guess mine is an opinion too—but I did say “In my humble opinion.” 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 18
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

I appreciate everyone's concern. But implying that CC issuers have an issue with my profile and insinuating I’m heading towards BK #2, when in fact I’ve gotten multiple auto CLIs on 4 different accounts this month and 2 CLI that I requested this month alone and I PIF each month. So I think its obvious not every “issuer has a problem with my file”. I'm not opening credit because I need it. I'm opening because I want it and I'm taking my rebuild seriously.  Please lets not assume things. for the 3rd time, I'm asking for DPs here not your opinions.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily, This forum is filled with people that have been approved for this exact card anywhere as soon as 2 months to 6 months post DC. so again, asking for more of a DP perspective, but thanks for your opinion. 

You have a wallet full of store cards and three secured cards, I don’t know what makes you think that Barclays is going to extend you a card when they deny people with 100 points more and no secured cards. I seriously wonder if even Sync would approve you for the PayPal Cashback MC at 28.99% right now. 

These ARE DPs by the way, you will not get approved by Barclays right now. 

Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

Yes

Was asking for more of a DP perspective rather than an opinion. There have been people approved with 30/24. But thanks anyway for your input.

An item to keep in mind that just because someone was approved with the 30/24 DP would likely have a vastly different profile altogether than yours.  It's all profile-dependent OP.   I was approved last year with DANG/24, BUT my profile is night and day compared to yours or others.   Lots of variables at play.

Roll the dice if you want.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.