Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon / Synchrony Card Approval???!

tag
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

Verizon / Synchrony Card Approval???!

Rep said I was approved. "Rest assured you got the card. The 7-10 days is normal processing time for all Verizon Applicants" 

Here is app response:

"Thank you for applying for the Verizon Visa Credit Card. You will receive a decision on your application by mail within 7-10 days."

Did the rep give me an ear full? This is default non-approval response correct??????

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon / Synchrony Card Approval???!

Did they give you a credit limit and APR?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it an in-store sales rep? If so,  they are definitely blwoing smoke. They have no insight or knowledge on credit approval.

The response you received doesn't guarantee a denial. Hopefully you will hear good news @buildingitbackup!

Message 3 of 11
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

When I applied, I app'd online and got an instant approval, credit limit, APR and a temporary available limit to use immediately on a Verizon purchase.   Was it a Synchrony rep or a rep in a VZW store that you were talking to?   If it was a Verizon rep, I wouldn't take their reassurance for much, sorry just being honest.  

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on 3/4/21 and was denied because my reports were frozen. I reapplied today and was denied again. I received the same 7-10 response. I called and the just need to verify my identity. So it doesn't mean that you're denied. 

Message 5 of 11
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

How did this turn out? Did you ever get an approval? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was approved 

Message 7 of 11
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations! I had the same thing happen so I was wondering. 

Message 8 of 11
bustout
New Contributor

Received the postcard to apply in the mail. Went to Synchrony and got the 7-10 day response.

Received an email tonight assuming it was a link to a denial letter; however, I cannot open the PDF. Obviously, my browser can open and view PDF's, but not this one. Spotting the odletter in the web address reinforced my denial letter belief. When I logged into another account I noticed they pulled from two bureaus. What I also see is a new Verizon Credit card with a $1500 limit. I have had cards post on my report prior to receiving them before, but I am still not convinced. 

Anyone ever get one of these links and could not open?

Message 9 of 11
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

@bustout are you keeping the FingerHut & CreditOne for AoOA purposes?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.