Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

VS hardpull.PNG

I was going to try for the LUV button since I have had this card for like 4-5 years but it is still stuck at $500 but noticed this disclaimer at the bottom. I hate this card but it is my oldest card, my next oldest is Discover which is only about 7 months old. Not sure if I should close it out or just sock drawer it because I have heard low limits on some cards will hold back SL on new card and it looks like VS/Comenity is not going to show me any love.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

I've had the card for maybe nine months and asked for a CLI two or three times. Denied every time and also stuck at $500, though I have other Commenity cards with much higher limits, so hope springs eternal. I will keep asking for the CLI and see how it goes. But every time I've hit the luv button, it's always been a soft pull. 

Message 2 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

@ Do you get the same warning/disclaimer at the bottom when you hit the luv button? I have never noticed it before personally and nervous about hitting the button.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 3 of 33
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@MrCrabs wrote:

@ Do you get the same warning/disclaimer at the bottom when you hit the luv button? I have never noticed it before personally and nervous about hitting the button.

I've had the card for 4 years, every cli has been a SP.

I do get the same disclaimer- my CL is $4000 

That said: It's always YMMV and could be a HP so if that is a deal breaker to you, beware..

The hard & fast rule is SP but just know the HP can happen.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I get the same disclaimer. 

Message 5 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

ugh got the 7-10 day message :/

Message 6 of 33
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@MrCrabs wrote:

ugh got the 7-10 day message :/

Sorry..

The bright side is: It wasn't an instant denial.. 

**fingers crossed for you**

Message 7 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

You can recon the denial letter? I have always accepted it as an instant denial.

Message 8 of 33
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@MrCrabs wrote:

You can recon the denial letter? I have always accepted it as an instant denial.

I don't think they recon.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood this..

Did they deny you and are mailing a letter as to why?

I read it as: it would be 7-10 before you found out the result..

My bad..

Do you carry a balance on the card? I know they like to be PIF.

Message 9 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Yeah, they said they'll send me something in the mail. :/

I don't use it a lot but when I do I always PIF

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.