Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I was going to try for the LUV button since I have had this card for like 4-5 years but it is still stuck at $500 but noticed this disclaimer at the bottom. I hate this card but it is my oldest card, my next oldest is Discover which is only about 7 months old. Not sure if I should close it out or just sock drawer it because I have heard low limits on some cards will hold back SL on new card and it looks like VS/Comenity is not going to show me any love.

I would not close this card.  It has no AF and will live forever with minimal usage. Second, if you close this card, your oldest open card will only be 7 months old.  Closed cards in good standing last 10 years on your reports but personally, I would never close a non AF card if it was my oldest

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I was going to try for the LUV button since I have had this card for like 4-5 years but it is still stuck at $500 but noticed this disclaimer at the bottom. I hate this card but it is my oldest card, my next oldest is Discover which is only about 7 months old. Not sure if I should close it out or just sock drawer it because I have heard low limits on some cards will hold back SL on new card and it looks like VS/Comenity is not going to show me any love.

I would not close this card.  It has no AF and will live forever with minimal usage. Second, if you close this card, your oldest open card will only be 7 months old.  Closed cards in good standing last 10 years on your reports but personally, I would never close a non AF card if it was my oldest

That's why I have kept it open so far, but the toy limit is annoying.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 22 of 33
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From a guys perspective. How much could you possibly spend at Victoria's Secret?

Dunno. Went in with my wife and I was standing outside the dressing room holding some panties she was buying as she tried something else on and was approached by a salesperson asking if I needed to try them on - with the most professional demeanor like it happens all the time. Whoda thunk?

Message 23 of 33
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

I love my VS card. It has to be the best rewards card. I have a daughter as well and she loves the PINK brand. I consume their points and often receive $20-45 off cards from them. Btw, my card has a $6000 limit, it started at $350 in 2015. I've requested increases often but the last one I received was in July (I keep track of my CLI on a spreadsheet). 

ETA: all of my CLI were soft pulls. My reports have been frozen over a year. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 24 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

You can recon the denial letter? I have always accepted it as an instant denial.

I don't think they recon.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood this..

Did they deny you and are mailing a letter as to why?

I read it as: it would be 7-10 before you found out the result..

My bad..

Do you carry a balance on the card? I know they like to be PIF.

Right.  If the 7-10 message yields a declined CLI request (usually these tend to be), there's no reconsideration option, unfortunately. 

Message 25 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCrabs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From a guys perspective. How much could you possibly spend at Victoria's Secret?

I let my GF use it to keep it active.

Plus, the Victoria's Secret CC can also be used at Bath & Body Works, IIRC. 

Message 26 of 33
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I let my GF use it to keep it active.

Plus, the Victoria's Secret CC can also be used at Bath & Body Works, IIRC. 

Yes, you can use it B&BW too but it does not give you any rewards points when you use it there. Smiley Frustrated

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 27 of 33
kiea
Frequent Contributor

The 7-10 day message is not always a bad thing with this card.  I requested a CLI a couple of days ago & I got the message but when I logged into my account this morning I noticed that they gave me a $250.00 increase.  I had the card since December 2017 & this is my first increase but I wasn't using the card that often so I'm not surpised. 

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a wife and a 15 year old daughter, my VS card gets use. I used it enough between July and December last year to get upgraded to the next tier and have a new card issued. PIF or not hasn’t mattered for me. I got an auto-CLI in October from my $500 SL to $750, and I did a LUV try last weekend and got another $250 increase to bring it to $1000.

Agreed with the above poster about the rewards being pretty good, especially for a store card. I’m quite happy with having it (feels weird saying that about a Comenity card).
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I had the card for about 2 1/2 years and always soft pull, my limit is $3,800.00...  You can always freeze your credit...

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.