cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret hard pull for CLI?

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I was going to try for the LUV button since I have had this card for like 4-5 years but it is still stuck at $500 but noticed this disclaimer at the bottom. I hate this card but it is my oldest card, my next oldest is Discover which is only about 7 months old. Not sure if I should close it out or just sock drawer it because I have heard low limits on some cards will hold back SL on new card and it looks like VS/Comenity is not going to show me any love.

I would not close this card.  It has no AF and will live forever with minimal usage. Second, if you close this card, your oldest open card will only be 7 months old.  Closed cards in good standing last 10 years on your reports but personally, I would never close a non AF card if it was my oldest

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>03/2019 CCT EX 804 TU 822 EQ 818
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 21 of 33
Regular Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I was going to try for the LUV button since I have had this card for like 4-5 years but it is still stuck at $500 but noticed this disclaimer at the bottom. I hate this card but it is my oldest card, my next oldest is Discover which is only about 7 months old. Not sure if I should close it out or just sock drawer it because I have heard low limits on some cards will hold back SL on new card and it looks like VS/Comenity is not going to show me any love.

I would not close this card.  It has no AF and will live forever with minimal usage. Second, if you close this card, your oldest open card will only be 7 months old.  Closed cards in good standing last 10 years on your reports but personally, I would never close a non AF card if it was my oldest

That's why I have kept it open so far, but the toy limit is annoying.

Capital One Platinum | $500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 22 of 33
Contributor

@i-like-pizza wrote:

From a guys perspective. How much could you possibly spend at Victoria's Secret?

Dunno. Went in with my wife and I was standing outside the dressing room holding some panties she was buying as she tried something else on and was approached by a salesperson asking if I needed to try them on - with the most professional demeanor like it happens all the time. Whoda thunk?

Message 23 of 33
Frequent Contributor

I love my VS card. It has to be the best rewards card. I have a daughter as well and she loves the PINK brand. I consume their points and often receive $20-45 off cards from them. Btw, my card has a $6000 limit, it started at $350 in 2015. I've requested increases often but the last one I received was in July (I keep track of my CLI on a spreadsheet). 

ETA: all of my CLI were soft pulls. My reports have been frozen over a year. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 24 of 33

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

You can recon the denial letter? I have always accepted it as an instant denial.

I don't think they recon.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood this..

Did they deny you and are mailing a letter as to why?

I read it as: it would be 7-10 before you found out the result..

My bad..

Do you carry a balance on the card? I know they like to be PIF.

Right.  If the 7-10 message yields a declined CLI request (usually these tend to be), there's no reconsideration option, unfortunately. 

Message 25 of 33

@MrCrabs wrote:

@i-like-pizza wrote:

From a guys perspective. How much could you possibly spend at Victoria's Secret?

I let my GF use it to keep it active.

Plus, the Victoria's Secret CC can also be used at Bath & Body Works, IIRC. 

Message 26 of 33
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

@i-like-pizza wrote:

I let my GF use it to keep it active.

Plus, the Victoria's Secret CC can also be used at Bath & Body Works, IIRC. 

Yes, you can use it B&BW too but it does not give you any rewards points when you use it there. Smiley Frustrated

Capital One Platinum | $500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 27 of 33
Frequent Contributor

The 7-10 day message is not always a bad thing with this card.  I requested a CLI a couple of days ago & I got the message but when I logged into my account this morning I noticed that they gave me a $250.00 increase.  I had the card since December 2017 & this is my first increase but I wasn't using the card that often so I'm not surpised. 

Filed Chapter 7 on 4/4/17 Discharged on 7/20/17
Scores after Discharged: EX 567, EQ 580, and TU 559
Current scores: EX 665, EQ 682, and TU 668

Cards in my wallet: Quicksilver One $1,000.00 Merrick Bank $750.00 First Premier $825.00 Credit One $950.00 Kohls $700.00 Victoria Secret $500.00 NY & Company $750.00 Williams Sonoma store card $2,500.00 PayPal Credit $1,500.00 Alphaeon Credit $6,000.00

Patiently waiting for my inquiry count to decrease so I can get rid of these subprime cards...After 2 years of rebuilding & paying unnecessary fees it is definitely time for an upgrade
Message 28 of 33
Valued Contributor

Having a wife and a 15 year old daughter, my VS card gets use. I used it enough between July and December last year to get upgraded to the next tier and have a new card issued. PIF or not hasn’t mattered for me. I got an auto-CLI in October from my $500 SL to $750, and I did a LUV try last weekend and got another $250 increase to bring it to $1000.

Agreed with the above poster about the rewards being pretty good, especially for a store card. I’m quite happy with having it (feels weird saying that about a Comenity card).
Rebuild commenced 5/2018

AmEx Delta Skymiles Gold | AmEx Hilton Honors Ascend | AmEx Hilton Honors | Discover IT | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | CapOne QuickSilver | Wayfair | Kohl’s

Charter Member of the Disco “No CLI For You!” Club

Message 29 of 33
Regular Contributor

@MrCrabs wrote:

VS hardpull.PNG

I had the card for about 2 1/2 years and always soft pull, my limit is $3,800.00...  You can always freeze your credit...

Message 30 of 33