Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Platinum CL Increase

tag
Applepro1990
Regular Contributor

WF Platinum CL Increase

Hey guys question. So I just requested my WF card be increased to $20k from $12k. This was a soft pull request. After she submitted it I got the still processing request will send a letter 7-10 days. After I hung up the call I forgot the usually peak at Equifax and had the credit file locked with the Equifax app. Do you think this screwed my chances of getting it? 

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Total Credit limits $108,800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Platinum CL Increase

From my understanding of soft credit pulls, companies should still be able to soft pull even if your reports are frozen.

If it truly was a soft pull cli, then it shouldn't hinder them from taking a peek at your equifax report.

Some companies might ask you to unfreeze your reports anyways. 

Let us know what the letter says when you get it.

Worst case, you can unfreeze and try again. 

Message 2 of 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Applepro1990 wrote:

Hey guys question. So I just requested my WF card be increased to $20k from $12k. This was a soft pull request. After she submitted it I got the still processing request will send a letter 7-10 days. After I hung up the call I forgot the usually peak at Equifax and had the credit file locked with the Equifax app. Do you think this screwed my chances of getting it? 

Anytime I've requested an increase with them, if it was a true SP request, I never was told there would be a 7 to 10 day letter in the mail. I was told no go, and that it could be sent for further review with a HP. 

My experience with WF has shown letters tend to be denials based off HPs.

Is your EX locked as well? That's who they've pulled for me here in CA. 

Message 3 of 4
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

When I requested an increase on my WF Platinum a few months ago, I also got the 7-10 day message. A few days later I recieved a 4506-T and another form, which I trashed. A few weeks later I changed my mind and called WF to ask them to re-send the docs (because it was beyond the 30-day window to respond), but the rep transferred me to the CLI team and the guy I spoke to said "Oh, don't worry about it." He briefly reviewed my account and approved the CLI I originally requested.

Strange.

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.