cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN TO APPLY ONLINE? (TIME OF DAY) DOES IT MATTER?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHEN TO APPLY ONLINE? (TIME OF DAY) DOES IT MATTER?

Hey All,

Quick Question for anyone who can shed light....... Does it matter or effect your app approval, app denial or  SL, if you apply online for a card at a certain time of day? For example, if I apply for a credit card online (any card, doesn't matter), on say, Sunday night at 2am, will taht effect if you are approved or not, or what your SL will be? Should you apply, say Monday thru Friday, between 9am and 5pm, during normal hours, or the do the algorithms process the applications exactly the same  24hrs a day, 7 days a week?  Just curious. Thaks for the input. I'm very interested to hear you'alls oppinions.

Mark 

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHEN TO APPLY ONLINE? (TIME OF DAY) DOES IT MATTER?

If you apply online, its usually the computer that decides based on your credit file.  Time doesn't really matter unless if you're applying through phone.  

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! You would think, the time of day or day wouldn't matter, but these are the crazy things that go through your head when applying for cc cards. Hahaha. Thanks for the solid advice Smiley Happy

Mark

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll add one more thing, if the computer could not determine whether its an approval or denial, your case moves to LO (based on my experience with customers applying for Home Depot credit card).  In that case, yeah time does matter for recon call (and applying through phone).  FNBO is different, your application goes straight to LOs, if they haven't changed it.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that is interesting. The computer can actually come to a stalemate or draw, and not make a decision either way? Wow. I nevver knew that. I know if you don't have any other accts w a bank, they will 7-10 day message you to verify identity then approve, but not coming to a decision? Really? With the time of day, I just feel like, ok, here I am at 330am at night in NYC, cause I work late, and want to apply for a card. Do I pull the trigger online at 33am Sunday early morning? LoL, or wait till Monday betweem 9-5pm? Crazy credit game Smiley Sad 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOES IT MATTER?? 

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to reword it, its straight up denial (Sorry!).  If approval can't be determined, denied right away.  Just pull the trigger and find out lol.  If you got denied, call recon.  If I were you, check your lender's website on what time their CSR is open and apply through phone.

Message 7 of 28
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It’s always by algorithm. While I don’t think time matters, your location when applying can matter.
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a plan!! Thank you. HAve you ever heard of Recon overturning a denial and approving?

Thx

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense the algorithm, but how does location come into play on what day and time you apply, like late on a Sunday? Thanks.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.