Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait or pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait or pull

I just applied and got the chase amazon prime card sl $8300 and it is my first card request in almost two years. Got a car loan about 6 weeks ago. I am looking at the chase trifecta (though the new $550 on the reserve is cooling my jets something fierce as I have no use for the added "credits") but not sure if I should let the prime card marinate a few months first. 

Also, if you have a better trifecta now for gaining daily points to cash in for travel, please let me know. Thanks. 

Scores are 780+. Less than 1% utilization. Income over 100k and 4 cards under my belt with almost 100k available credit total: amex, nfcu platinum, citi Costco and chase prime. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wait or pull

TBH, if you just got approved for the Chase Amazon CC, I would hold off on any additional Chase CCs, trifecta or not.  This is more or less based on anecdotal experiences that were shared by a variety of folks.  Most cases involve a mix of their core cards, but Reddit and FT have other DPs that include a mix of core and co-branded AA instances.

It all depends on your risk tolerance level and whether you want to take a gamble.  Personally, I'd hold off since CFU/CF/CSP/CSR aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not in any hurry. Will have large spend later in the year that I will want the subs for, but at the moment, only the freedom with the small spend for $200 is looking purdy. ;-P 

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied and got the chase amazon prime card sl $8300 and it is my first card request in almost two years. Got a car loan about 6 weeks ago. I am looking at the chase trifecta (though the new $550 on the reserve is cooling my jets something fierce as I have no use for the added "credits") but not sure if I should let the prime card marinate a few months first. 

Also, if you have a better trifecta now for gaining daily points to cash in for travel, please let me know. Thanks. 

Scores are 780+. Less than 1% utilization. Income over 100k and 4 cards under my belt with almost 100k available credit total: amex, nfcu platinum, citi Costco and chase prime. 

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

I would wait on applying for second Chase CC though.

Message 5 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

I have the Freedom Card, and the Amazon Reward Card, from Chase.

Chase is in no hurry to offer me any other of their cards.   Trust me.....

Congrats on your approval.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 6 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval

like everyone else posted, i think waiting for your card to age a bit or until chase sends you a preapproval will be a good move.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.