Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo AMEX propel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo AMEX propel

There is a new nice wf propel that replaced the last version and making it a better one than before, app today on launch day, banker told me about it, got declined too many accounts opened in last 24 months.

Last 24 months had about 25 new accounts with mortgage 2 cars and multiple credit cards. Tried recon to no yield.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo AMEX propel

Good looking card, I have thought about app'ing.  If they don't like inquiries they likely won't like me...

Message 2 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It appears that WF has tightened up a bit - - no surprise on this new product (vs. Cash Wise), especially with anyone having a slew of new accounts and inquiries. Plus, WF isn't known for reconsiderations, unfortunately.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a past relationtioship with Wells Fargo several years back for a credit card.  I have one inquiry from over a year ago and last account was opened then with my current issuer.  I wonder if I would get approved?  Over 800 score.  Multiyear history with multiple accounts, no lates, no debt owed.  

Denials seem to be from people with multiple cards in a short time with multiple inquries and 12 mths or less since last new card application.  I hope one new card in just over a year is good enough to qualify me.  I am tempted on this card and may just forgo the spend requirement for bonus unless some real expense comes up.

Other cards on the market seem less ideal than this one.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Wells Fargo PC? Currently have Wells Fargo platinum. Had for 6 years only 1% cash back, wouldn’t mind changing
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not sure. There was another poster with a great profile 800+, less than 4 inqs total on all three reports and he was deemed a credit seeker lol. But a hp to find out isnt the end of worldSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Does Wells Fargo PC? Currently have Wells Fargo platinum. Had for 6 years only 1% cash back, wouldn’t mind changing

They used to, but it depends on whether the offer was available on your account to PC.  Just call them up to see if an offer is available.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only can handle a few credit cards unlike others who may have a favorite credit card for everything.  I still have unredeemed rewards on some cards.  I had a card for 3% dining already and was looking at PNC Cashback and Barclays Uber and now Wells Fargo Propel.  Obviously not going to apply for all 3.  Propel is intriguing because of decent benefits and Amex which generally tends to be above other issuers in service levels.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the forum and am really appreciating all the information I'm finding on here. I, myself, have found interest in this card and decided to contact Wells Fargo regarding a PC. Background: Wells Fargo customer since '98, have a 401K with them, checking and a Platinum rewards card with a 25K limit (obtained in 2009.) I stopped using my rewards card with them about 5 months ago as their cards tend to have the least benefits with only earning 1 pt per $1. I spoke with a rep, he said he had to "run it through the system." Was rejected. No reason given. He said they don't have "access to obtaining reasons for the decision." He said I could try again in 30 days or apply directly for the new card, which I'm not willing to do just yet. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

@Anonymous
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filled out the first page of the online application, clicked on continue, it said processing, then saved the application, then deleted it next time I signed back in.  Decided to wait to see if a better promotional deal exists on the card going forward or if any new products are introduced.  It doesn’t look like they run credit unless you fully submit the application.

Online application form on website seems to have changed since the last time as new option exists now for self-employed.  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.