Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Card to Apply?

tag
ZxMarsxZ
Established Member

Re: What Card to Apply?

Chase just approved me for the Freedom. Not sure what limit I got tho. I'll wait a few months before applying for another Chase card meanwhile, I'll do CLI on my BoA card. I think I can get it to 10k by the end of the year. I just graduated and started working full time so my income has increased a lot comparing to when I was still in school. That should help.
EX 810, TU 792, EQ 768
EX 11, TU 6, EQ 7

BoA Cash Rewards 12/13
Chase Freedom 05/19
Barclays AA biz 05/19
Chase Ink Preferred 06/19
Citi AA biz 08/19
Auto loan 06/18
Student loan 08/18 (paid off)
3 AU cards 5-year average
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a login for Chase the new card should be showing up already.  Otherwise you will probably have the card in hand by this time next week.  The CL might not be what you want but, it might be 5K on the otherhand.  

Message 12 of 17
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom! Let us know what your limit turns out to be.

Message 13 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ZxMarsxZ wrote:
Chase just approved me for the Freedom. Not sure what limit I got tho

Call the Chase application status line and you can find out what your SL/APR is for your new card

Message 14 of 17
ZxMarsxZ
Established Member

Surprise surprise! SL $8200 on that Freedom! Looks like the CSR is coming to me sooner than I thought.
EX 810, TU 792, EQ 768
EX 11, TU 6, EQ 7

BoA Cash Rewards 12/13
Chase Freedom 05/19
Barclays AA biz 05/19
Citi AA biz 08/19
Auto loan 06/18
Message 15 of 17
ZxMarsxZ
Established Member

Another update:

So I applied for the Barclay AA biz and personal cards last week. They were both denied. However, I called recon this morning to explain my situation saying although I have a thin file, my credit score is high (TU 799 on the denial letter) and my AoOA is over 5 years. The CSR was very understanding. He said he could approve one of the two applications with a low SL of $1000 just to build a relationship with Barclay first. I opted for the biz card since it has 75k point SUB vs 50k on the personal. So yeah, good news!

EX 810, TU 792, EQ 768
EX 11, TU 6, EQ 7

BoA Cash Rewards 12/13
Chase Freedom 05/19
Barclays AA biz 05/19
Citi AA biz 08/19
Auto loan 06/18
Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approvals @ZxMarsxZ.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals section (for the personal one) and the Business forum (for the biz approval) if you would like to do so.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.