Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cc can apply for??

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: What cc can apply for??

We BOTH are on the discover scorecard lol. I found out about that site from you guy’s! 👍

That’s good news though being on their radar 🤔😁 I like it!! Well, not for me so much. I’ve got a long way to go but, I’m working on it. Going to app next month for the OpenSky. It’ll be the only card that’ll be less of a risk, as far as, HP’s are concerned. I only have 3 within the last 2 years. 2 fall off in Oct/2018 and one in Dec/2019. So I haven’t app’d for much of anything in quite some time now. I’m waiting until I get my scores up and get some old baddies off and save my HP’s for the cards that’ll be worth it.

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 11 of 15
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

***UPDATE***

Well, DW did not get approved for the Walmart cc.😞 Nor, did she get the Valero gas card because their website had an error message and her app never went through when we call the next day. Probably a good thing anyways, heard you needed at a 625 Fico to be approved.
NBD though, she’ll only have the Cap One cc and off to the garden she’ll go with that one to establish some revolving credit for at least 6 months. So, she’ll have the 2 HP dings but, she’ll regain those and THEN SOME in just a few short months. She was excited, as well as myself. 😁 Now she’s getting email after email, for predatory cards and she keeps asking me, “Should I try it?” I told her NO! Your credit was good enough for a card with NO ANNUAL FEE and you don’t need those types of cc’s to get better ones. I told her let this one do it’s magic and in 6 months to a year, you’ll be getting offers for much better cc’s with great rates and rewards.
We know it can be hard to fight that temptation to go on an app spree once approved for a good decent card. But, I explained to her that this is just the beginning of what can be and WILL BE, once you let the Cap One report with on time payments. So, that’s where we’re at so far.

I do, however, have a huge question to ask...?

Should DW carry a small balance into the next billing cycle OR should she PIF, every due date, no matter the balance that reports? She’ll only have this one cc so, just want to make sure it’s used correctly for optimum results. 👍

I’ll keep this updated when something awesome comes our way. Thanks for reading and thanks for the GREAT ADVICE!!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 12 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Try to keep the utilization down (as in pay some of it before statement, as in use the card but pay a chunk of it off before the statement generates ) but PIF *after* the statement generates... Since you dont have many cards. you need FICO to see the card is being used but not high utilization.. thats the gotcha with smaller cards..  Is a secured card an option?  Sorta thinking of changing tactics, since you only got one card out of the three you apped for... Kinda expected you to get at least one of the two cards (if not both)... .. Think you can get some headway on the baddies in 2-3 months? 

Message 13 of 15
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Thanks joltdude!👍

Those baddies are a little pricey at the moment for a PFD.. DW has an old AT&T that is reporting $0 bal and that comes off late next year(Nov/2018) Since it’s been PIF and plenty of time has passed...I’ll have her call and request, over the phone, GW requests. All they can say is NO, right?! Lol So, we’ll give that a shot!

As far as secured goes?? I am going to give that a GOOD thought. I’m going to see if Cap One will give her a SP to obtain a secured card thru them, since her car and NOW cc is with them. We’ll see how that goes. But, that is definitely a good idea!👍 anything to help with DTI and UTL, right? 😊

Thanks for the advice!!👍👍👍

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 14 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Going for a second card with Cap One even secured is not an option right now , in the past few years, Cap one limits you to one new card every 6 months.... It will be declined unfortunately....Used to be able to pick up 2 cards at a whack but that hasnt been true for a few years now...

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital-one-tightens-churning-rules/

-J

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.