cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when rejecting a Cap1 "CLI"?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What happens when rejecting a Cap1 "CLI"?

@Mv350 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Usually a myFico thread is started and we wait to see how long it takes before Cap One bashing beginsSmiley Wink

I like Cap1, they let me in when no one else would Smiley Happy

Thats good. I know ill never see an increase on my Wally MC which sits at $1700. Its my only C1 card, i just closed my 15k Wally store card. Ill probably make it second card closed at begining of April. 

Message 11 of 15
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Usually a myFico thread is started and we wait to see how long it takes before Cap One bashing beginsSmiley Wink

I like Cap1, they let me in when no one else would Smiley Happy

Thats good. I know ill never see an increase on my Wally MC which sits at $1700. Its my only C1 card, i just closed my 15k Wally store card. Ill probably make it second card closed at begining of April. 

I really thought I would use mine more. But as soon as I got the card, I stopped going. The only benefit that suits me is the first year 5%

I might SD instead of closing. 

Message 12 of 15
cr101
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Which card is it, what was your starting limit, what is your limit now?

I have a sec w them and then opened this w them. Started as 500 SL Plat, which may or may not have been sec *shrugs*. It was supposed to be sec

Auto increase to 750 after credit steps

Auto increase to 3200 after 5 months. PC to QS shortly after that.

Message 13 of 15
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Which card is it, what was your starting limit, what is your limit now?

I have a sec w them and then opened this w them. Started as 500 SL Plat, which may or may not have been sec *shrugs*. It was supposed to be sec

Auto increase to 750 after credit steps

Auto increase to 3200 after 5 months. PC to QS shortly after that.

Thats really encouraging to see a $500 card grow that much, nice work! A lot of times the $500 cards can very well be bucketed. It sounds like Cap1 probably likes your profile which will always work in your favor. They are super relationship orientated for sure. If it were me, and if the card was one that fit my spend and I was committed to growing, I would run all of my spend through it for 3-6 months and see what they come back with. If that doesn't work, then at that point the card may actually be bucketed and you're nearing the max they're willing to go with it. Either way, nice work on growing that card so far, and good luck getting a nice CLI out of them in the future!  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 14 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your offer!

Maybe if you hold out long enough and put a few more swipes on it, they will increase their offer? Smiley Wink

Maybe the 2nd offer will be $125? .. IDK .. just guessing at this point.Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.