Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What i learned about Amex.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What i learned about Amex.

Obscure-Expert ,

I had applied for 1 card with Amex and was a $1,000 starting limit with no steps program. I requested the 3X increase at 62 or 63 days and was approved for it. I did add an authorized user to it , and was told the last name is what made the computer cancel my application the first time I talked to Amex trying to figure out what the actual reason was. He said he was going to expedite the application , and that the computer shouldn't have cancelled it. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting they cancelled it for a name conflict for an AU account.  Should be interesting to see in a day or two the outcome.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't look like there will be an outcome. They never even processed the application. If they could give me a straight forward answer I'd be happy. I just hate that I've talked to 5 different people and nobody can give me an answer. I don't buy the 1 in the same family card , unless there's a rule there that i'm not familiar with. 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can resubmit the cancelled app and it sounds like they did from your previous response.  It won't update on he check statsus websire but, it's back in the queue for review if they sent it back over.

Message 14 of 24
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You can definitely have more than one from the same family. Many people, myself included, have had the BCE and BCP at the same time. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

You can definitely have more than one from the same family. Many people, myself included, have had the BCE and BCP at the same time. 

I agree with this. I got a Delta Gold Skymiles back in January and then got approved for a Delta Platinum Skymiles yesterday.

Message 16 of 24
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Interesting.  I made a similar post.  I got the CM on 4/4 and app'd for the BCP a few weeks ago and was immediately cancelled.  I called and they said it's because it's the same family of cards within 90 days.  I ended up getting the Gold last week and the Platinum this week.  I have seen on here people getting 2 of the same family cards within a short time frame.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm assuming the rep and manager were confused. I'm thinking it's because it was within 90 days. I specifically asked if it was because of the time frame. They claimed it wasn't possible to have 2 in same family period. I'll just wait a few weeks and re apply. 

Message 18 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I could be wrong, but i believe the same Family is "Revolver Family" Or "Charge Family"

I am Pretty sure These are (2) in The same Family within 90 days. (I think within 5 days)

but i am far from a Amex Expert!

https://i.imgur.com/SYWpsyO.jpg?1

Message 19 of 24
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I could be wrong, but i believe the same Family is "Revolver Family" Or "Charge Family"

I am Pretty sure These are (2) in The same Family within 90 days. (I think within 5 days)

but i am far from a Amex Expert!

https://i.imgur.com/SYWpsyO.jpg?1

I got 2 charge cards 1 week apart.  Same family would be like hilton honors, hilton honers ascend, hilton honors aspire.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.