Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is it with Bank of the West?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is it with Bank of the West?

So just like @Anonymous reported here, I applied for a Bank of the West Cash Back card since I just got rid of my More Rewards and I have yet to get a HP. I put my app in about 5PM last night, my lift expired at midnight, I called in to the app status line and they said that it’s in review. 

Is BoTW just not doing HPs or what? I went ahead and put in another lift just in case but the guy said they have my credit report and it’s just queued for review?!

Unlike BigHair, I don’t have an existing relationship with BoTW that they could be using for approval. 

We don’t see a lot of people going for this card but it’s a 3/3/3 groceries/dining/gas world MasterCard that automatically redeems your cash back every quarter with a $.01 minimum so it’s perfect for people like myself that don’t have enough grocery spend to hit the $25-$50 targets of other cards in a reasonable period of time. 

I will keep everyone posted on the status. I think my score might be a bit low for this particular card right now but since I already added a new account that’s going to bring my AAoA under 2 years anyway, I figured I would take a shot at this one and if I get it just pull the UMB goal card. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is it with Bank of the West not pulling?

Hey , whats that weird color blob in your siggy?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey , whats that weird color blob in your siggy?Smiley Wink

Haha. My card looks like sherbet right now. 

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know about the card.  There is a BofWest down the street from me.  I'm not looking to add any more cards right now but might add that one to my list if it's worth it. 

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know about the card.  There is a BofWest down the street from me.  I'm not looking to add any more cards right now but might add that one to my list if it's worth it. 

The UMB card is better for most if you can get approved since it has discount stores as well but I don’t shop at Walmart and if I ever need Target, I’ll get a REDcard so the lack of a minimum redemption actually makes the BoTW card a better choice for me. 

Message 5 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

When I'm struggling to get a card application to work for any reason, I usually just take it as a sign that it's not meant to be right now.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

When I'm struggling to get a card application to work for any reason, I usually just take it as a sign that it's not meant to be right now.

The application worked fine, it’s submitted and it’s in review. My question is basically — are these SP approvals now?

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sister applied for this card last month. They pulled EX that show up 2 days later.

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My sister applied for this card last month. They pulled EX that show up 2 days later.

Thank you. This is what I wanted to know. I figured it had to be a delayed HP. I will keep everyone posted as it progresses. I’m assuming at the earliest I’ll get a pull on Monday and if I don’t I’ll extend my lift until Friday. It’s just really difficult for me to have a lift and not apply for other cards so I hope they get to it quick. 

Unfortunately my SavorOne just reported it’s $2212 balance this morning so my chances just went down quite a bit I would say. 

Message 9 of 30
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So just like @Anonymous reported here, I applied for a Bank of the West Cash Back card since I just got rid of my More Rewards and I have yet to get a HP. I put my app in about 5PM last night, my lift expired at midnight, I called in to the app status line and they said that it’s in review. 

Is BoTW just not doing HPs or what? I went ahead and put in another lift just in case but the guy said they have my credit report and it’s just queued for review?!

Unlike BigHair, I don’t have an existing relationship with BoTW that they could be using for approval. 

We don’t see a lot of people going for this card but it’s a 3/3/3 groceries/dining/gas world MasterCard that automatically redeems your cash back every quarter with a $.01 minimum so it’s perfect for people like myself that don’t have enough grocery spend to hit the $25-$50 targets of other cards in a reasonable period of time. 

I will keep everyone posted on the status. I think my score might be a bit low for this particular card right now but since I already added a new account that’s going to bring my AAoA under 2 years anyway, I figured I would take a shot at this one and if I get it just pull the UMB goal card. 

GL! I’m interested in your outcome. I’m limited income like you. They have a big presence here in Vegas.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.