Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with Apple Card?

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

What's wrong with Apple Card?

I had been trying to apply for the Apple card for several hours. Each time at the end of the application, it asked for my id and I uploaded the images of my id. But apple could not read the images and hence my application was denied every time.

What should I do now? I am so frustrated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: What's wrong with Apple Card?

Images? Are you uploading Images of an ID card? Your Apple ID doesn't need uploading. It's an alpha-numeric ID such as "mrinal@icloud.com"

Its been a few years since I applied (2019) but don't recall having to upload ID images, at least at that time.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 2 of 9
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I would also advise against continuing to apply over and over if you're having any issues. I would give them a call and see if there is anything glitching in their system or rather, a simple document request at work.

Message 3 of 9
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

I remember having to take a picture of my id in the process. My Apple card is only 6 months old. @Aim_High 

Message 4 of 9
SDMarik
Established Contributor

It is probably best to call them at this point. I do not remember having to upload anything on my app, but if you are having issues just smashing the apply button is not going to help anything. Their chat is pretty decent, so you can start there and see what they say.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 5 of 9
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! This has happened to quite a few others, so know that you're not alone.  This usually happens when something on your credit profile is not lining up with info on file or on your License/ID, it could be an address issue such as the address on your Apple Profile is different than what address is on your credit report, it could also be an issue with how your name is spelled on your credit report versus what is linked to your Apple ID.  It could be other discrepancies too. 

If you reach out to Apple Card Support they may be able to help you resolve this issue but it isn't guaranteed. I've read about people having the issue resolved  by reaching out and those who still had issues after contacting them. I'm hoping your application is one of the success stories. 

A548CD9B-2DDC-424E-BF84-2A21D6D6EB57.jpeg

Some people have even found success by applying on Apple's Website and going through the motions of adding an item or items to their cart that are eligible for an installment plan. Then at checkout they choose apply for Apple Card and use installments to pay for this purchase.  Once you're approved just go in the Apple Wallet and click the plus symbol in the top right corner. Then choose accept the Apple Card offer.  Now you can go back to your computer and you have the option to continue with the purchase, or remove items from the cart or completely cancel the order. Best wishes to you with your application!

Message 6 of 9
RonelTheGeek

@mrinal , confirm that your CR aren't locked or frozen , I had same issue when I had TU unlocked and the rest frozen , but it wasn't till I unlocked Experian and TU together that it went thru for me , this was like a year or so go

Message 7 of 9
Dp23
Regular Contributor

My card is only 3 months old & I didn't have to upload anything as well. Like others have said I would call to see what the issue is. Best of luck as well. 

Message 8 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Locking as OP has posted success here:   https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Apple-Card-is-awesome-Hurray/m-p/6611595

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.