Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I request a CLI on my SAVOR? - UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When should I request a CLI on my SAVOR? - UPDATE

Good morning fellow credit warriors. 

I am eligible to ask for a CLI on my grandfathered SAVOR on 10/26. HOWEVER, on 11/3, I will have had the card for a year and as of 12/1, two inquiries will be in the "over a year" mark (1 car, 1 CC). 

Current inquiries are: EX 7 (4 CC, 3 car), TU 2 (1 CC, 1 car), EQ 3 (1 CC, 2 car)

So....should I go ahead and ask on 10/26, wait until 11/3 so I show a year of history with that card, OR wait until 12/1 so the inquiry situation looks a bit better?

UPDATE: Applied for a CLI today & got the dreaded 2-3 day message. I'm sure it's a decline, but I'll let ya'll know for sure. Sigh.....at least I got my bronze spade today. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I request a CLI on my SAVOR?

It's mostly about usage when it comes to CapOne CLIs, how much of the 7k have you been using every month?

My 11k grandfathered Savor, was a QS before April 2018, only received 1 CLI (10k-11k) in June 2017 after heavier usage to meet SUB requirement, it has since been denied 7 straight times in 16 months for "not enough usage" as it sits in SD for the most part.  800+ profile with no new apps in 1+ year mattered not.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's mostly about usage when it comes to CapOne CLIs, how much of the 7k have you been using every month?

My 11k grandfathered Savor, was a QS before April 2018, only received 1 CLI (10k-11k) in June 2017 after heavier usage to meet SUB requirement, it has since been denied 7 straight times in 16 months for "not enough usage" as it sits in SD for the most part.  800+ profile with no new apps in 1+ year mattered not.

I've only been running about $500 through it every month. I've been doing the AZEO method and this is the card I use to report a balance....about $100 each month.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

$500 is a lot more than what I put through mine so you would have better chance than I, although still relatively low for 7k CL. As for when to ask, I doubt reaching one year or having less scorable HPs would make a difference, might as well do it when the 6 month period from last CLI is up, there is no time limit after denial so you can ask again when your one year history hit if denied this time.
Message 4 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

For Capital One, it's always about usage. If you run low usage, odds are a no go. If you make an effort of heavy usage for a couple months, odds are better for CLI. My experience Anyways.
Your inquiries won't matter much. They will SP. It seems that reps have less control, even with EO. Its the computer and its algorithm.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my SAVOR for 5 months with a $1K starting limit and run about $250 through it a month with multiple payments.  At 3 months I tried for a SP CLI and was only offered a $100 CLI which I turned down to keep the 6 month clock from re-setting.  Same story at the 4 and 5 month marks.  I'm hoping after 6 months they give me a real offer.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

....should I go ahead and ask on 10/26, wait until 11/3 so I show a year of history with that card, OR wait until 12/1 so the inquiry situation looks a bit better?

There is no penalty for asking with Cap1, so you should ask all of those times (and more), or until you are given a CLI, whichever comes 1st. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Applied for a CLI today & got the dreaded 2-3 day message. I'm sure it's a decline, but I'll let ya'll know for sure. Sigh.....at least I got my bronze spade today. 

Message 8 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: When should I request a CLI on my SAVOR? - UPDATE

Sorry to hear OP. Cap1 is really “usage oriented” on CLIs though of course credit standing plays a big part. IME, $500/mo x 3 + $1K/mo x 3 = $1.5K CLI ($12K —> $13.5K). That was after so many “Not enough usage” denials from them.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I request a CLI on my SAVOR? - UPDATE

Yep......not enough usage with existing credit limit was the only reason for denial. Oh well.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.