Not applicable

Re: Where to Strike Next for BIG Limit Cards

Thanks a bunch my man!!!!

Message 21 of 25
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to get limits just like you have as I am seeing on the personal side.  Whats the main ingredient?

It's complicated.  There isn't just one ingredient. 

As I suggested, read my threads below for more details.

I do have a few tips that might point you in the right direction,

but they aren't shortcuts.  There are no easy shortcuts to

high credit limits for most people.

The largest factor for most people is TIME and we're talking many years if not decades.

I've built my limits over three decades and they are actually low compared to some members on this forum who may not even have their limits displayed.   And even with some higher limits, I've recently been approved for much lower limits on new cards.

Money talks.  But we're talking a **LOT** of money.

So the main exceptions that might speed up the process for the select few elite would be:

- extremely high income (many times more than $100K)

- extremely high assets invested with a bank (Probably high six if not seven figures or more)

- extremely high spend-and-pay patterns  (Probably five-figures or more monthly which still takes time to grow)

For all of these, good financial responsibility is still required.

And ironically, the people with a LOT of money may not really 'need' the credit; it's a more of a convenience.

However, none of these exceptions applies to the vast majority of the population. 

So we're back to long-term demonstrated financial responsibility ... over TIME.

Read more:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-high-CL-s/m-p/5814975#M1682042

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes for sure Time is the biggest Ingredient for sure.  My Lady has 20 year seasoning for her high limit cards.  Also relationships is important with bankers.  OPM is used by EVEVRYONE even the banks.  Thats what I do with my cards I buy materials for my contractors for flips and once property is sold pay them off.  These cards are not being used for shopping sprees.  Thanks for your replies.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks my man they gave me $16,700.00 today!!!  Appreciate you!

Message 24 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval OP.

Locking this thread as you have been approved. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.