Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one sounds like I got a chance ?

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Which one sounds like I got a chance ?

I did 2 different Chase products but ended up getting 2 different responses in my email.  one shows 7 -10 days other one shows 30 days. both emails looks extact the same except look at decision time frame.

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.
Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.
Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 7 to 10 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Which one sounds like I got a chance ?

Someone in here will chime in with the answer on that for you.

Wish i could offer something either way but with the 5/24 thing Chase is in the closet for a long time here.

Message 2 of 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The one with the 30 day message is the one more likely to be approved, although there is no guarantee, 30 day messages historically have led to more approvals then the 7-10 day message.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
The one with the 30 day message is the one more likely to be approved, although there is no guarantee, 30 day messages historically have led to more approvals then the 7-10 day message.

+1

Also, if you call the automated line, the '2 weeks' and '30 days' messages on there anecdotally have led to more approvals than the '7-10 day' message.

Edited to add: Nice username, by the way, OP! Not Game of Thrones related, I'm assuming?

Message 4 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Yes call status line and see if one says 7 to 10 and one says 2 weeks. I have not received that 7 day message when applying ever in recent years, but u never know. Status line is a good indicator
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The status line is a good suggestion, as well as the thought that generally, the 30 day isn't a bad thing. I've even seen the 7-10 day work for some.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.