Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron/Texaco Visa card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevron/Texaco Visa card.

I applied for the Chevron Texaco Visa card and I got this response...

Thank you for applying for a Chevron and/or Texaco Techron AdvantageTM Credit Card. If you have provided us with your email address, you may receive a response by email within 3 - 4 days. If you have not, you will receive a response by mail with 7 - 10 days.

So, I take it if I don't hear nothing from them in three to four days via email I've been declined?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chevron/Texaco Visa card.

Unless it's a verification issue that needs resolving, it's a denial whether or not you hear from them in three to four days is irrelevant since they can and do go past that timeframe. Good Luck.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Chevron Texaco Visa card and I got this response...

Thank you for applying for a Chevron and/or Texaco Techron AdvantageTM Credit Card. If you have provided us with your email address, you may receive a response by email within 3 - 4 days. If you have not, you will receive a response by mail with 7 - 10 days.

So, I take it if I don't hear nothing from them in three to four days via email I've been declined?

Call them as soon as you can. Never hurts to ask.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called today and CSR asked me to verify my information I put on the application. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said I had been approved. And soon and she said that I lost the call so I don't know what my CL is going to be. I was hoping she would call me back since I didn't want to call back and get a different CSR so I'll just wait it out!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Call back and ask to make sure all is on the up & up.

Message 5 of 8
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Don't be afraid to call them back. If you got approved, you got approved. Congrats. I got my Chevron / Texaco Visa the same way. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Yes, go ahead and call them back....Congratulations!

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Goes to show that it isn't always what it appears. Just because past history of others results getting that notice, doesn't mean the outcome is certain. Glad you got it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.