Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which score?

tag
Momagain
New Contributor

Which score?

I see folks talking about score needed for certain cards or cli.....are they referring to the Bankcard score of your normal TU, EQ, EX score?  Numbers are trending up and trying to let things age a bit.  But want to make sure I am waiting for the right score (in the right place) when asking for CLI's when the time is right.

3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Which score?

There is no 1 score all lenders use.

It depends on the lender, some use older models, some use classic versions, some use bankcard enhanced versions and some use non-FICO scores.

In general, on this forum, people who refer to scores are talking about classic FICO08 (even if the lender uses a different models lol)
Message 2 of 4
Momagain
New Contributor

Just curious. There was a post I read about cli through synchrony and a sweet spot score wise for best increases. It just came to me that it could be standard or bankcard

Message 3 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

To the best of my knowledge sychrony use to use the classic version of FICO08; however, most recent data points say that they have changed to a non-FICO score model, specifically Vantage 4.0. I do not know if that "sweet spot" number has changed or not when they switched scoring models.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.